Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Famous People in Flight Jackets

kojax

Practically Family
nice jacket
20708399_1649172715175776_6493302817169361541_n.png

Doctor Damage

I'll Lock Up
This morning a plane flew over the house really really low, like 150', well below the 500' minimum for our area. Several minutes later, on my walk, it went over again, and I realized it was a search plane doing a search pattern over the penninsula. I've no idea why; maybe a training exercise, maybe not. I'm rusty on plane spotting: it was high wing, two big props, long fuselage with about four or five windows on each side, one of those planes made for trudging along at low speeds. Gear was down. It looked like a mini version of a Buffalo. It wasn't in RCAF SAR colours, so probably civilian air rescue.

thor

Call Me a Cab
This morning a plane flew over the house really really low, like 150', well below the 500' minimum for our area. Several minutes later, on my walk, it went over again, and I realized it was a search plane doing a search pattern over the penninsula. I've no idea why; maybe a training exercise, maybe not. I'm rusty on plane spotting: it was high wing, two big props, long fuselage with about four or five windows on each side, one of those planes made for trudging along at low speeds. Gear was down. It looked like a mini version of a Buffalo. It wasn't in RCAF SAR colours, so probably civilian air rescue.
Sounds like a DeHavilland Buffalo perhaps?
IMG_9023.JPG

Last edited:

Doctor Damage

I'll Lock Up
^ It must have been one of those, since they're ideal for the sort of task I was describing. My memory is telling me it was a bit smaller, but I guess those Buffalo's are pretty small. Thanks!

devilish

A-List Customer
no idea who this is (some UK celeb) and the jacket's a fashion model, but this thread is a sausage factory most of the time, so... ha ha

That's Zoe Ball. Radio and TV presenter, ex-wife of Norman Cook (Fatboy Slim) and daughter of longtime BBC presenter Mike Ball. Who was for a very, very brief time, drummer for The Beatles. Taught Ringo how to keep a beat. Typically accurate reporting from the Daily Mail says her jacket is 'jade leather'?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
aronhoustongy