Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Famous People in Flight Jackets

garzo

One of the Regulars
And who can forget Flash and Zarkov on Mars?

triptomars.jpg

Flash+Gordon%27s+Trip+to+Mars+%281938%29_002.jpg

Gancho

One of the Regulars
Here a real funny one:

Gérard Depardieu in something like a G1 without fur collar:

depardieu.jpg

The movie called Mammuth. Same like the bike he rides. A 1973 Münch Mammut.

Last edited:

Ishmael

Practically Family
You can barely tell it from this shot but when he's first riding on the desert it's real plain to see he's wearling the whole regalia, boots, rolled up Jeans and a vintage A2. And the bike in question was a big Brit Twin.

Worf

Thanks Worf! Would love to see this movie, but it doesn't open til April here!

Justhandguns

Practically Family
Well, since I was born in Hong Kong, I need to support the local actor.

Here is a video for a very very old watch advert, I doubt it protraits the Flying Tigers though. I think Mr. Chow Yun-Fat wore an oversized A-2 in there. UK people probably know him from the John Woo movie Hard Boil, Americans probably know him in quite a few Hollywood movies such Anna and the King (the remake of the King and I) and Bulletproof monk etc etc. A very good and down to earth actor.

[video=youtube;XwmFBqUQI6A]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XwmFBqUQI6A[/video]

Last edited:

fukigen

Familiar Face
UK people probably know him from the John Woo movie Hard Boil, Americans probably know him in quite a few Hollywood movies such Anna and the King (the remake of the King and I) and Bulletproof monk etc etc. A very good and down to earth actor.

ah, the god of gamblers!
I found his US movie quite bad compared to HK movies, maybe with the exception of Pirates of... 3 and the replacement killer.

I need to check for this "flying tigers" movie, don't remember it.

Dixon Cannon

My Mail is Forwarded Here

Here is a video for a very very old watch advert, I doubt it protraits the Flying Tigers though. I think Mr. Chow Yun-Fat wore an oversized A-2 in there. UK people probably know him from the John Woo movie Hard Boil, Americans probably know him in quite a few Hollywood movies such Anna and the King (the remake of the King and I) and Bulletproof monk etc etc. A very good and down to earth actor.

[video=youtube;XwmFBqUQI6A]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XwmFBqUQI6A[/video]

Very fascinating JTG! Am I to understand that this little video is a commercial for a wristwatch?!! What a production! I don't think the jacket is an A-2 though - perhaps a B3. The aircraft too are strange - obviously not WWII or 'Flying Tigers' - I believe they are Chinese CJ-6 'Nanchang', but I'll do some research on them. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nanchang_CJ-6 .. or the Soviet Yakovlev Yak-18A - All in all, a very nice presentation - thanks for posting this! -dixon cannon

Last edited:

ryans

New in Town
Great thread! Here's some more.

John F Kennedy wearing M-421 jacket
30E31FC6C7FA4B08A957304B0745891D.jpg

Ronald Reagan in the movie 'Prisoner of War'
Ronald+Reagan+%25284%2529.jpg

Anyone know what the name of parka Ronald Reagan is wearing?

Justhandguns

Practically Family
Very fascinating JTG! Am I to understand that this little video is a commercial for a wristwatch?!! What a production! I don't think the jacket is an A-2 though - perhaps a B3. The aircraft too are strange - obviously not WWII or 'Flying Tigers' - I believe they are Chinese CJ-6 'Nanchang', but I'll do some research on them. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nanchang_CJ-6 .. or the Soviet Yakovlev Yak-18A - All in all, a very nice presentation - thanks for posting this! -dixon cannon

Yes, this is a feature length TV advert for the watch, not a movie. In fact, it's true he wore some sort of sheep skin jacket with shearing like the B-3 at 0:44, then an A-2 like jacket at 2:10. I believe they shot the advert in mainland China (上海長春) at that time, which was still a primitive, so the Chinese CJ-6 'Nanchang' would be a very accurate guess. The background music is Ennio Morricone's LaCaliffa, very nice music indeed. I think in 1993, Hong Kong was at the height of their economy, people were not afraid to spend big at that time, but those were the good time though.

Last edited:

Dixon Cannon

My Mail is Forwarded Here
Yes, this is a feature length TV advert for the watch, not a movie. In fact, it's true he wore some sort of sheep skin jacket with shearing like the B-3 at 0:44, then an A-2 like jacket at 2:10. I believe they shot the advert in mainland China (上海長春) at that time, which was still a primitive, so the Chinese CJ-6 'Nanchang' would be a very accurate guess. The background music is Ennio Morricone's LaCaliffa, very nice music indeed. I think in 1993, Hong Kong was at the height of their economy, people were not afraid to spend big at that time, but those were the good time though.

Ah, yes - I see that now not only at 2:10 but in the shot of the still photograph as well. A2, indeed. Any idea what the narrator is saying at the end of the piece? -dixon cannon

rocketeer

Call Me a Cab
And from Rocketeer we have Bill Campbell as 'The Rocketeer'
(Replica's by Wested)
Rocketeer009.jpg

And Leonardo DiCaprio as Howard Hughes in 'The Aviator'(2004)
(Replica's by Belstaff)
Feature_Aviator-med.jpg

Jtee

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DapperBran