Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Feel Good Jacket Story

Phantomfixer

Practically Family
Sheep...very cool post and spot on...you didn't need it, he did, might have saved his life one night...hopelessly romantic?? dunno just a nice thing to do...

I found USGI goretex jacket at a thrift shop a few years back, thinking as I drove away, I can turn a nice profit with this....a few mornings later, on my way to work, the men's homeless shelter was kicking the boys out for the day, it was raining and cold, so I stopped and gave the goretex to a young guy with nothing but a back back and a hoodie....his smile was my profit for the day...

So well done sheep.....I say keep passing it forward

Stand By

One Too Many
It was on the evening news last night that 2 homeless people have died from the cold in Toronto in the last two days - yesterday's guy was found dead in a bus shelter with no jacket - and I had to think that that miserable way to go and misfortune wouldn't happen to the lucky guy you graciously gave your jacket to, Sheepdog. It's brutally cold and I'm sure you made the world of difference to him and he appreciates it now more than ever. Bravo to you again.

Seb Lucas

I'll Lock Up
Most winters ( I'm connected to a large, city based poverty relief centre) the builder's union movement donate hundreds of jackets and boots and socks to the homeless in Melboune. With no publicity. That's an annual feel good story. Pity they can't do anything to relieve the suffocating heat around here right now.

Last edited:

Big J

Call Me a Cab
Most winters ( I'm connected to a large, city based poverty relief centre) the builder's union movement donate hundreds of jackets and boots and socks to the homeless in Melboune. With no publicity. That's an annual feel good story each year. Pity they can't do anything to relieve the suffocating heat around here right now.

That's awesome! Last winter Tokyo government sent 200 police into the park at Shibuya to 'move on' the soup kitchen for the homeless, this new year, they locked the park to keep the soup kitchen out.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
maxraff