Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Fishermen's sweaters site

Ticklishchap

One Too Many
Yes the weather is grim, dark and dank at the moment. Hope the rain stops soon.

I can't agree that it's so bad. In S-W London we had some beautiful frosty nights and crisp, bright mornings of a kind I have been looking forward to all autumn. Yes, it's raining a bit now, but at least it isn't that unseasonably mild, muggy weather we had earlier this month. I prefer slightly longer, early-autumn style days but have no nostalgia for the long humid evenings we had in the summer.

casechopper

My Mail is Forwarded Here
Just received a new Gansey from Sou'west chunkies. I like the tighter knit of this compared to my other chunky. Both are nice but I really need to tighten up the chunkie a bit with a wash as it's getting a bit loose.
IMG_9452.JPG

IMG_9454.JPG

tropicalbob

Really nice sweater. Question: I lost quite a bit of weight a few years back, and I'm wondering about how to control the shrinking of a sweater. For instance, how would I shrink a large, thin cashmire down to a medium? Any tips?

casechopper

I think you're probably best to just sell the sweaters you have and get a smaller size. I've read with these chunkie sweaters that you can get them back to their original size by washing very carefully if they've been stretched out a bit by use. I'm not sure I'd want to attempt shrinking down in complete sizes though.

JackieMatra

A-List Customer
I've shrunk quite a few wool sweaters successfully.
Just get it wet and throw it in the clothes dryer.
Take it out and try it on after a minute or two, as most of the shrinkage will occur right at the start. If it's still too big, give it some more heat, etc..

tropicalbob

I've shrunk quite a few wool sweaters successfully.
Just get it wet and throw it in the clothes dryer.
Take it out and try it on after a minute or two, as most of the shrinkage will occur right at the start. If it's still too big, give it some more heat, etc..

Thanks. I just saw this now and it sounds like good advice. I've had this one sweater for years, cashmere crewneck with dark green, black, and purple stripes (grunge, I suppose) that's my favorite with a leather jacket and I just can't give it up. One of those things.

STEVIEBOY1

One Too Many
Thanks. I just saw this now and it sounds like good advice. I've had this one sweater for years, cashmere crewneck with dark green, black, and purple stripes (grunge, I suppose) that's my favorite with a leather jacket and I just can't give it up. One of those things.

Sounds a nice sweater you have there.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
GokhanB