Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

FIVESTAR LEATHER CONTACTS

ROOK ALLURES

Familiar Face
TFL has figured out the pros and cons of 5*, including usual pitfalls. One of them is the measurement 'interpretation" in their own favor when doing QC. So I would urge them to do thorough measurement QC before sending out the jacket to you. And yeah their communication is quite sketchy, but you get what you pay for in that regard.

You can write a PM to me here with the measurements. Or just write them here, doesn't matter.

CXL FQHH - Horween Chromexcel Front Quarter Horsehide.
https://www.thefedoralounge.com/threads/aero-leather-choices-options-end-of-2022.109422/
It's Aero's bread and butter as far as I'm concerned.

Cordovan is a confusing terms because it can describe both shell cordovan horse rump membrane and simply the Horween nr8 color, which is similar to purplish brownish wine red / burgundy.
Wow, seems I still learn some stuff about leather options. Quite complete your info.
Sure, I can send you info and pics here. Will do it as soon as I have some time. Tx!

ROOK ALLURES

Familiar Face
When was that? It's only since last year that there are special prices for people outside UK. That happened with the launch of the new website.
November 22, but apologies, my mistake... I went to check the e-mail exchange and what really put me off was the portuguese VAT, plus custom import taxes. Here's their answer at the time:
"R.e. price the UK VAT has been removed if shipped outside the UK - a UK customer pays us 20% more, as we charge them VAT. we can offer free shipping on this purchase, if you’re going to go ahead let us know and we’ll send you a discount code for the cost of the shipping."

Quite kind of them, actually...

ROOK ALLURES

Familiar Face
Wow, seems I still learn some stuff about leather options. Quite complete your info.
Sure, I can send you info and pics here. Will do it as soon as I have some time. Tx!
Hey there! Seems that the new hide finally arrived. Pretty curious to see the result. Will send you pics during the weekend.
Regards!

ROOK ALLURES

Familiar Face
Hi! Here’s the jacket. It’s a Roadmaster with some modifications and a few add-ons:
- side pin-less buckles,
- zippers with chain pullers on chest and side pockets, double panel cuffs without horn buttons (I remember what you have said about your jacket cuffs – too bulky. These are quite practical and I love the classic design). As I ride motorcycles during the whole year, the practical side is an important matter to me. I can take docs or keys in pockets without being concerned if something falls out, on other hand, I also can adjust the jacket with the side buckles if I want it tighter.
- Larger back bottoms panel (similar to Schott P693).

If you need extra measurements or extra photos, let me know. Don’t need to tell you about the hide (PREMIUM SEMI VEG TANNED GOATSKIN, BLACK, 1.4MM, WAXED) and construction quality, because you’re familiar to that. I will list the jacket to sell after getting the new one. As I said, my problem is just related to fitting. Can’t stretch arms or move shoulders properly. Guess that who ever got this one will be really pleased with it. If you may be interested or if you know someone who might be, feel free to ask whatever you want, but you pretty much know the story of this one...
Thanks and regards!

Attachments

• ROAD_MASTER.pdf
    7.6 MB · Views: 49

TartuWolf

Practically Family
@ROOK ALLURES
Hey, nice to hear back from you. Guess you haven't received the new one yet?
And the one in the PDF is the first one you got that you're not happy with and will be selling?
Measurements certainly don't work for me so I'll pass, but I'm sure you'll find a buyer here on TFL.

Did you ask to lengthen the body with the new one? Definitely too short in opinion (totally subjective).
I'd add 1inch minimum both front and back. Maybe even a shirt tail for riding.

Upper torso looks very tight on you, need more space there. Maybe a bit extra in the mid torso too? Hem looks good.
I'd also add arm length for riding, sleeves do tend to roll up and shorten with time.

Just some thoughts from my side :)

On my side I'm feeling very happy with my Aero Hooch Hauler, getting used to it, slowly breaking it in, really enjoying the smell.

navetsea

I'll Lock Up
fit is really subjective, I see the jacket fits cool, perhaps the shoulder can be wider a bit, and the the waist tapered a bit, but if a jacket fits cool on the mirror I could care less about a bit bigger here and there as long as it zips

ROOK ALLURES

Familiar Face
@ROOK ALLURES
Hey, nice to hear back from you. Guess you haven't received the new one yet?
And the one in the PDF is the first one you got that you're not happy with and will be selling?
Measurements certainly don't work for me so I'll pass, but I'm sure you'll find a buyer here on TFL.

Did you ask to lengthen the body with the new one? Definitely too short in opinion (totally subjective).
I'd add 1inch minimum both front and back. Maybe even a shirt tail for riding.

Upper torso looks very tight on you, need more space there. Maybe a bit extra in the mid torso too? Hem looks good.
I'd also add arm length for riding, sleeves do tend to roll up and shorten with time.

Just some thoughts from my side :)

On my side I'm feeling very happy with my Aero Hooch Hauler, getting used to it, slowly breaking it in, really enjoying the smell.
Hi! Yes, this is the first one and yes I really need extra room on chest and shoulders. That's the main problem... I ask to lengthen the new one just 1cm more, as with larger shoulders and upper torso the jacket will drop a little bit and will feel more loose. But I really like jackets to end on top of the belt, they can cover the belt but no more than that... Regarding sleeves I ask 1cm longer as well, but to be honest, the jacket was meant much more for a walk around wear, rather than riding. I have the Schott 141 for that. Thanks for your insights and you gotta show you Aero...
Regards!

ROOK ALLURES

Familiar Face
fit is really subjective, I see the jacket fits cool, perhaps the shoulder can be wider a bit, and the the waist tapered a bit, but if a jacket fits cool on the mirror I could care less about a bit bigger here and there as long as it zips
Hi! Yes, shoulders, chest and back should had been a little bit wider. That's where this jacket measurements failed, although I asked for it in an accurate way. I really could wear it unzipped, problems come when I zip it... Thanks!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jusa80