Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Grandpas original B-2 Flight Jacket

elbow392

New in Town
To:ButteMT61, I will send you a bunch of pictures to post. Do me a favor and send a message back to my address, I don't remember what yours was, I had to try a few times. Thanks again

D

Deleted member 16736

Thanks for posting. I can't wait to see the other pictures now. You have a real treasure on your hands. And it was hanging in the closet. The only thing in my closet now is mold.

elbow392

New in Town
Any tips on how I should store this piece? Acid free box, cedar, etc? Thanks everybody!

elbow392

New in Town
Changed my avatar to the back photo, equally as nice as the front! It's the best I can do right now. Keep watching, more photos are on the way.

More pics coming soon. I had a stressful weekend and last night I was penning my resignation letter to my employer of 14 years. So bear with me, I'll post as soon as I can!
You're gonna love these pics as well.

PS - my inbox was full, so I could not receive any messages. I;ve since cleaned it out so fire away if you were trying...

D

Deleted member 16736

Sorry to hear about your resignation, but change is good. I wish you luck.

From what I can gather, you should lay the jacket flat in a cool, dry place. I don't know anything else about it.

Sorry to hear about your resignation, but change is good. I wish you luck.

From what I can gather, you should lay the jacket flat in a cool, dry place. I don't know anything else about it.

Thank you Joel. Yes, and don't put in plastic. I would probably use a new cardboard box with some cedar blocks to stave off moths. Not sure of the materials used, but at least cedar will only make it smell good.

5998782659_8e618e6251_b.jpg

5999327294_5577dffb31_b.jpg

5998782161_39c98ce24f_b.jpg

5999326604_8b7bb82d12_b.jpg

D

Deleted member 16736

Beautiful jacket. Now get it out of the hot sun. : )

elbow392

New in Town
Here we go, see all the pics here, and there are more to come. If you want a specific shot let me know, I will do my best to share this with all of you. The only other forum i belong to is antique automotive forum, there is a forum called the tech archive where all sorts of reference material is available, is there any forums here just for reference, I would be glad to post as much info as possible!

JakeHolman

One of the Regulars
Simply stunning!

Also, great to compare a rare original against this repro on www.buzzricksons.com, in the re-issue dept. I've been eyeing for a while but still a bit beyond my means.

elbow392

New in Town
I agree, that's one nice repro! First thing I would do is take the pocket off! That is if could afford that jacket.

elbow392

New in Town
I would like to take it to be appraised. Does anyone know an appropriate appraiser in Michigan? Thanks

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DapperBran