Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Hats and Drinks - A Match Made in Heaven

No hat pics but I had to post this here. Those of you living in the midwest where this micro brew might be more readily available need to get out & try Nebraska Brewing's Black Betty Imperial Stout on tap. A black Russian Imperial Stout aged in a Strannahan's Colorado Whiskey Cask. It was like drinking sweet whiskey with notes of chocolate, coffee & a bit of burgundy wine up front with an aftertaste of hops, burgundy & coffee. Nothing reminded me of Strannahan's Colorado whiskey (a favorite of mine) but an excellent strong Stout brew none the less. ~11%+ ABV. A great winter Stout.

moontheloon

I'll Lock Up
No hat pics but I had to post this here. Those of you living in the midwest where this micro brew might be more readily available need to get out & try Nebraska Brewing's Black Betty Imperial Stout on tap. A black Russian Imperial Stout aged in a Strannahan's Colorado Whiskey Cask. It was like drinking sweet whiskey with notes of chocolate, coffee & a bit of burgundy wine up front with an aftertaste of hops, burgundy & coffee. Nothing reminded me of Strannahan's Colorado whiskey (a favorite of mine) but an excellent strong Stout brew none the less. ~11%+ ABV. A great winter Stout.
my nephews had bottles of it on Christmas ... very tasty

they also had one called Sexy Betty that was very good as well

Chamuco

I'll Lock Up
Darn, need to get some of that !!! Sounds like something made for a king

Sent from my LG-H815 using Tapatalk

Short Balding Guy

I'll Lock Up

my nephews had bottles of it on Christmas ... very tasty. they also had one called Sexy Betty that was very good as well

Oh yes the Black Betty and Sexy Betty really are terrific. I like sipping those Stouts. Sipping as the high alcohol % makes it a one beer evening. My fav winter Stout is Founders Breakfast Stout. (https://foundersbrewing.com/our-beer/breakfast-stout/ ) . This Michigan brewer has darn good stuff. Expensive in Minnesota, but IMO worthy. I have an order for some of the Feb. release of Frootwood. ( https://foundersbrewing.com/our-beer/frootwood/) - "We took a crisp, light-bodied cherry ale and hid it away in oak barrels that have held both bourbon and maple syrup. After a lengthy stint, it emerged a changed beer, blanketed in notes of warm vanilla and earthy sweetness." Curious as to the outcome of this effort. My case is 25 days away.

Now I wish that I had an opportunity to sip a grand beer. Perhaps tomorrow evening.

Cheers, Eric -

Last edited:

Bob Roberts

I'll Lock Up
Oh yes the Black Betty and Sexy Betty really are terrific. I like sipping those Stouts. Sipping as the high alcohol % makes it a one beer evening. My fav winter Stout is Founders Breakfast Stout. (https://foundersbrewing.com/our-beer/breakfast-stout/ ) . This Michigan brewer has darn good stuff. Expensive in Minnesota, but IMO worthy. I have an order for some of the Feb. release of Frootwood. ( https://foundersbrewing.com/our-beer/frootwood/) - "We took a crisp, light-bodied cherry ale and hid it away in oak barrels that have held both bourbon and maple syrup. After a lengthy stint, it emerged a changed beer, blanketed in notes of warm vanilla and earthy sweetness." Curious as to the outcome of this effort. My case is 25 days away.

Now I wish that I had an opportunity to sip a grand beer. Perhaps tomorrow evening.

Cheers, Eric -
I've had Founders. It was the "Reserve" I believe and I sipped it as well...

It's been a long time since we went to Piney River Brewing's "Bar'n". It's in the middle of nowhere near Houston, Missouri. Sampled the "Hot Date" ale (dates and chipotle pepper), but stayed with my usual Black Walnut Wheat. Their success has allowed them to triple the size of the brewery in the last couple of years.

6aab4b2ddeaff69dc98c514d5ea23131.jpg

6e476d50aa40b1f69c28433837f53561.jpg

3de5a901fdb002391dc1bf03a192c295.jpg

efe336deb6c153743c2b6aed34283cd7.jpg

18f39cfc99da058a2abd25dba42d0c08.jpg

72326a8e772683f5afd9aad82e2cefe0.jpg

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
aronhoustongy