Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Hats and Drinks - A Match Made in Heaven

gear-guy

Practically Family
20131231_163907.jpg 20131231_165514.jpg

Dublin Apple in hand, Wilet bourbon with hat.

DJH

I'll Lock Up
Just mind you don't get the butter and stuff on the nice Tummy, Jeff!

OK, this is the ultimate Hats & Drinks combo - The Maker's Mark hat!

mm-hat-L.png

Currently for sale at eBay, if this is what's been missing from your life you better go for it! I'll pass, personally :)

bowlerman

I'll Lock Up
No worries there, David! The hat posed for the pic and was promptly returned to its rightful perch atop my head!
I wonder if that Maker's Mark hat can be turned upside down and used as a crayon. ;)

I seem to drink more when my kids are off school-- choice of the day was this Lee Overbrook with matching Bailey's and cream.

v0ws.jpg

gear-guy

Practically Family
No worries there, David! The hat posed for the pic and was promptly returned to its rightful perch atop my head!
I wonder if that Maker's Mark hat can be turned upside down and used as a crayon. ;)

I seem to drink more when my kids are off school-- choice of the day was this Lee Overbrook with matching Bailey's and cream.

v0ws.jpg

A man of true taste!

Short Balding Guy

I'll Lock Up
Gear Guy; Great paring sir.

David; The world is a big, wild place. The Marker's hat may draw a crowd. A curiosity I think. No more.

Jeff; Ah, Baileys and cream - man that is the stuff evenings can be built around. The kids off - congrats. The Gov. of MN declared no school this coming Monday because of the forecasted weather. I will have the gymnastics gym closed following the directions of our leader. ;) I may have to open up some Baileys and follow suit.

Best, Eric -

bowlerman

I'll Lock Up
Eric, Sioux Falls public followed suit (as we knew they would) but waited until Sunday night to send the message. Teachers were thrilled, as you might imagine. ;)

Instead of buying a hat this month, I bought my first ever bottle of Scotch. It's like drinking pure liquid oak over a campfire. I thought it wore well with my Lee silver label sage green homburg.

ywtr.jpg
[/URL]

Last edited:

TheDane

Call Me a Cab
What a tasteful pair, Bowler! Laphroaig is one of my favorites. Try to add a few drops of water (preferably calcium free). It opens the bouquet and refines the taste considerable. A sidecar with water - and a third of a straw, snipped off to use as pipette - would be great company to the rest of that table ;)

bowlerman

I'll Lock Up
Awesome, ole! The drops of water really work, thanks! I'm no connoisseur though. What's a sidecar and a pipette?

Sent from my KFTT using Tapatalk 2

TheDane

Call Me a Cab
Sidecar = small glass. The one you show would be great.

If you snip off 3-4" of a straw, you dip one end into the water - cover the other end air-tight with a finger - and lift the straw out of the water. Then you hold the straw over the whiskey glass and remove the finger. The water, you trapped in the straw with your finger, will drip into the whiskey. The piece of straw acts as "a pipette".

Last edited:

Blackthorn

I'll Lock Up
Sidecar = small glass. The one you show would be great.

If you snip off 3-4" of a straw, you dip one end into the water - cover the other end air-tight with a finger - and lift the straw out of the water. Then you hold the straw over the whiskey glass and remove the finger. The water, you trapped in the straw with your finger, will drip into the whiskey. The piece of straw acts as "a pipette".
You are a true connoisseur, Dane!

TheDane

Call Me a Cab
Thank you, Sir. I learned it many years ago from a Scotchman, working in town. It's actually the easiest way to measure off a small amount of water ... and we certainly can't risk any algae growth in the whiskey ;)

g.durand

One Too Many
dh--reminds me of my dad. He would mow the lawn on a Saturday morning, usually wearing a straw or a cloth hat, then kick back in the shade and pop open a few cold ones. Later he would fire up the barbecue as the sun went down.

Then I got old enough to mow the grass......

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
R_P_Meldner