Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Heart attack {Chief000731 Carl}

BR Gordon

One Too Many
We're so glad to hear that everything is going to be alright and with time he'll be back to his old self. It appears to me that you're doing exactly what is needed, you're there and supporting him. Those of us that know Carl and you through the lounge are more than happy to be here for you to talk with. Pour your fears and concerns out to us and be strong when you visit Carl. Keep us posted and give Carl our love tomorrow when you see him.

1961MJS

My Mail is Forwarded Here
Hi Sandi

My Father had open heart at 65 in 1984. The operation was on a Friday and he was out walking on Monday. It was SUPPOSED to be Sunday, but the therapist is out on Sunday. Now, it's the DAY after. My Mother was in the Heart section for a week or two in November 2011, not well enough to go home, but not quite sick enough to get all hot and bothered about, so I got to talk to everyone, that's how I heard that one.

Keep the Chief up and moving. The sooner he quits smoking, the better off he'll be, but it's a difficult thing to do. I'm only addicted to Coffee, so I have no clue how to make sure that works out, but well, make sure it does. :D

He'll also get off salt. My Mom just went through that one, Dad and I did it back in the 1970's, so I haven't salted anything except Tater Tots in 40 years, but Mom wasn't a happy camper. After 6 months of not adding any salt to anything, she nearly gags if she eats something with salt. He'll get used to it. One thing that would help is to find something that he can eat (low salt, not too fattening) and make sure he has it once or twice a week. If you can't smoke, eat, drink and have a good time, what's the use? He can't smoke anymore, he can't eat just anything anymore, but make sure that there's something he likes and that he gets it.

Just my $0.02 (Note: I just accepted an offer to move to Oklahoma City with Boeing, so I may be in the neighborhood in a month or two).

Later

Art Fawcett

Sponsoring Affiliate
Tonyb is right Sandi, with life on the line it won't be that hard. I did after 45 yrs with medication and a heart scare in '08

Now, what you need to hear is, just being there is enough. I know you want to do more but, being there is enough.

Chief000731

Practically Family
Hello all just a short note good news today Carl looks so much better the drs. said he would be coming home soon Monday or Tuesday possibly. He's talking more he did say to tell you all hi they said he was doing excellent and boy he sure looks like it, I am going to take his laptop to him tomorrow they have wi-fi and said I could bring it too him so he may be able to post to you tomorrow. He said you all are fantastic and thank you for all your thoughts words and prayers. Thank you all again hopefully he can talk to you tomorrow. Sandi P.

Annixter

Practically Family
I'm glad to hear that things are looking on the up and up. Sending well wishes to a speedy recovery and healthy future.

Chief000731

Practically Family
Hey guys hows everybody? Sandi told me you have been wonderful. Let me thank you guys for everything
I go home Monday I will be on board then thank you all CHIEF

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
R_P_Meldner