Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Heart attack {Chief000731 Carl}

LoveMyHats2

I’ll Lock Up.
Good to know you are up and about, Carl. Yes you have some love from all of us, and some prayers to go along with the thoughts for you and your family. It is a blessing to know you are on the way to recovering. Keep healing.

Chief000731

Practically Family
Whew! I just got home nothing new really to post as Chief is posting now and will be home in a couple of days. I guess I'll have to make me an account I loved reading all the posts not just in this thread but I prowled around the forum and found it very interesting Carl has given me a couple of his fedoras that I wear sometimes nothing like Carl he LOVES his hats I mean that literally I took a picture today as soon as I can figure out how to post it I will and you'll see what I mean. Thank you all folks it has been nice meeting you all. Carl said when he gets home and lets everybody know he would see if the bartender would lock the thread but keep it until he could down load everything or whatever you do for that. I'll let you know anything that developes but everything looks good now ok more later Sandi P.

majormoore

Vendor
The hat is all most done, brim has been sanded, sweatband sewn in, name stamped on sweatband ( Chief) will sew the bound edge on Sat. and the vintage Air Force Blue 16 linge hatband ribbon / bow on, and will flange the hat Sunday, hat will ship out via the UPS to you on Monday.

Major Moore

BR Gordon

One Too Many
I guess I'll have to make me an account I loved reading all the posts not just in this thread but I prowled around the forum and found it very interesting Carl has given me a couple of his fedoras that I wear sometimes nothing like Carl he LOVES his hats I mean that literally I took a picture today as soon as I can figure out how to post it I will and you'll see what I mean. Thank you all folks it has been nice meeting you all.

Your own account sounds like a good idea Sandi. Now that we have gotten to know you, you can't just disappear. We will expect you to continue posting and stay an active part of this community. Good luck, and if you need help getting Carl to follow doctors orders, just let us know, well gang-up on him with you.

Tango Yankee

Call Me a Cab
Chief and Sandi, I'm a bit late to this party but I'm glad to see it looks like it's going to end on a high note!

Chief, you've not been here very long but you've certainly made an impact. We'd hate to lose you now, so follow the doc's advice to the letter and get yourself better!

Maj Moore and Capnwes, :yo:for your wonderful generosity!

Cheers,
Tom

Last edited:

Chepstow

I'll Lock Up
Can't wait to see you with the new hat on, Carl. Glad that you goes doing well.
Sandi, good Idea with a account for you. I am looking forward to see you.

Landman

One Too Many
It is great to hear you are doing so well. I'm sure you can't wait to get home. I had to spend a few weeks in the hospital several years ago and I couldn't wait to get out of there. Seems like they were waking me up every couple of hours to do something so I don't think I ever got any rest. I felt like a prisoner being put through sleep deprivation! You will feel amazing after your first night of good sleep at home. Take care.

jbucklin

Practically Family
Your own account sounds like a good idea Sandi. Now that we have gotten to know you, you can't just disappear. We will expect you to continue posting and stay an active part of this community. Good luck, and if you need help getting Carl to follow doctors orders, just let us know, well gang-up on him with you.

+1 on the ganging up bit. ;)

Chief000731

Practically Family
I'm feeling pretty good today I want to go home now. enough is enough haha I want to be on my deck Tip Top... Been reading all the posts thanks guys it really means alot it really does I can't ever repay the kindness you have shown my wife and I. You have been fantastic excuse the spelling today I always try to correct it but I don't feel like it feel kind of lazy... OK guy post later bye for now Chief

fedorafiend

Familiar Face
Welcome back, Chief

I too underwent heart surgery 9 years ago (quintuple bypass). It was difficult at first to change my lifestyle. This hobby of ours is actually a very beneficial activity for a heart patient. I allow myself time to search information, learn new skills and feel like a little kid when a package arrives at the door with my latest acquisition. I can now sew a new sweatband to replace old dry ones and can naphta or "water and soap" clean a hat. All this thanks to all the generous members on this "lounge" who have shared their knowledge.

I really believe that the pleasure and relaxation this hobby provides has been good for my health and my blood pressure; I'm sure it is probably the same for you. So, cheer up, you obviously have lots of friends here and a wonderful wife. Get well and go back to home to enjoy all the little things that make life so wonderful.

RBH

Bartender
The Major has completed Carls hat.
If this does not help the Chief to get better... I dont know what will!

chiefba.jpg

Let me add... fantastic job Mike!!!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
akubraacornfawn