Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

How many of you did hide a new leather jacket purchase from wife?

Stearmen

I'll Lock Up
The top income tax bracket in 1944 when women entered the work force in large numbers was, 94%, now it is only 35%. And I am not to worried about the human race disappearing for lack of women having babies! Now back to hiding jackets, the manly man way!

Red Baron

Banned
Try a glass or two of 12 yr. scotch before bed. It works wonders. But I think this thread played out days ago. Perhaps I inadvertently breathed more life into it after my second glass. Yes I looked up the tax brackets for 1944 and 2012, very interesting. Did you see how much they are scheduled to rise in the next two years? quite steeply it seems.

As for jackets, I need to find a way to protect them from moths. Should I use plastic bags and hang the jackets over the summer, or use cedar trunks and pack them away? I have pushed my luck I think by not planning sooner. I killed two moths yesterday in my home. Do all types of moth eat wool or just some types?

Time to protect my woolen suits and coats and jacket liners. I must safeguard against the appetites of insects. Do moths also eat leather jackets with cotton or silk lining? I must be swift. I feel as if I should check my clothing this week and safeguard against the inevitable moths . Tomorrow I shall search this website for moth info.

Spitfire

I'll Lock Up
What a lot of bull....
If I knew this was a social research, I would either not have joined - or answered correctly instead of trying to make jokes and light remarks.

It's a public forum guys. Don't post anything you don't want others to read/see. If this isn't a joke, I'll just ignore going forward.Misuse of trust IMHO, unless you say it up-front. *Edited by me as I was too gruff.

Last edited:

Red Baron

Banned
Aerojoe started this thread and he is not the researcher. Kyboots is. I am not friends with Kyboots but if he want to write a paper bully for him. As for what I said I stand by it. I changed my mind on lying to the wife. I am glad I posted my comments last night. I was not joking if anyone has a problem with that well then I say go jump in a lake

Phantomfixer

Practically Family
Actually I piped in with the paper writing, and it was meant as a joke. Most here know me....
ah double expresso please for real....
John
edit

I had no intention of writing a paper based on weakening of the male. I would never cite anyone from the forum. Now having said that, the topic must have stirred a few emotions..... I didn't start the thread and I waited days before posting.
As far as jackets go, my wife bought (with my money)me an ANJ-4 from Avirex years ago after a fight, she was wrong she knew it, I got a jacket in the mail....what is to hide. On a trip to NYC, she bought me (again with my money) an A-2 from the Cockpit store. Yeah it was my money, but she made the effort....
John

Last edited:

Red Baron

Banned
Excellent Phantom! Let us see pictures of your jacket! Youre wife obviously has a lot of class!

As for the money being yours, that was the point of my post. If you have a wife then it is not "yours" per say. I think feminists and male chavenists pigs both both get it wrong in this regard.

Being a good wife is a respectable profession. Just because the man goes away to a job and the wife stays home does not mean the wife is not helping to earn that money. If she raises kids and makes a happy home that is very much part of the income earning, you see?

It is a very hard job to raise kids at home all day, clean house, cook, especially when the wife is very smart like my wife and could easily have a high paying job. She choses to stay at home for good of the kids you see? She is probly much smarter than me on paper IQ test but she thinks that kids grow up happiest when raised by the wife especially when kids are young.

Feminists try to erode the value of being a wife as a career choice. It is one of most valuable jobs in any society. It makes our world whole and run well.

Very nice to hear from you sir, Mr. Phantom. I would be very glad to see a picture of those fine jacket that your wife bought for you!

Phantomfixer

Practically Family
The A-2 has been posted in several threads and will be happy to repost and the ANJ has long since been sold on the bay. BTW my wife is the director for a community justice center....

HD:eusa_clap
John

GriffDeLaGriff

One Too Many
Ill just say this again. I asked my gf how many jackets I can buy, and she replied:
you can buy as many leather jackets as you want

Did I also say she is the most beautiful girl you can imagine?

I dont have to hide anything from her.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ayanda