Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

How old is everyone?

Jovan

Suspended
I will be drinking age in the States come September.

I reiterate what a lot of others have said, the ages surprise me.

pennylane said:
i am 18 come june and i cant wait
Aren't you basically considered an adult at 16 where you live, though? Anyways, as far as I was concerned turning 18 was overrated! lol

Fleur De Guerre

Call Me a Cab
At 16 you are allowed to smoke, play the lottery, and are over the age of consent. That's it. At 18 you can drink, vote, and are considered an adult in the eyes of the law. So you can get married without your parents' consent etc.

Jovan

Suspended
Ah, thanks for the clarification. I added you on MySpace, btw... not sure if you got it.

Turning 18 just brought on a lot of stuff I wish it hadn't have. :-/ Though I did get to vote, which was nice.

Don't be so glum--you've earned each and every one of those years, they're something to look back on with pride that "I survived THAT!"

At least, when I'm confused for being CinC-House's generation, I tend to take it as a compliment, but that may be just me...

Oops, I try to stay out of here... Sorry, musta confused "Powder Room" with "Powder Magazine".

kerry

One of the Regulars
Miss Lucy June said:
I know some of you will yell, but:

22, almost 23 and it still freaks me out a bit! I feel 17 with a lot more responsibilities...does this ever change?

Not really, I didnt even really feel like a grown up untill I lost my own mum at 37. I still feel the same inside as I did when I was 18 sometimes. I always imagine that I look younger than Iactually do, so sometimes looking in the mirror can be a bit of a shock for the first few seconds:)

Jovan

Suspended
kerry: You don't look a day over 30 from your avatar. :)

You ladies really keep yourself in good shape. If only I had the drive to... I'm already getting grey hairs at 20. :eusa_doh:

BonnieJean

Practically Family
kerry said:
I still feel the same inside as I did when I was 18 sometimes. I always imagine that I look younger than I actually do, so sometimes looking in the mirror can be a bit of a shock for the first few seconds:)

Same here for me. I get quite a shock in the mirror too. In a couple of years I'll be at that half-century mark. Maybe that "young at heart" thing isn't so bad after all. ;)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
direfulzealot