Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

I know people look at us

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lauren

Distinguished Service Award
Sorry, Viola- I was kidding. They better not. I have heels and know how to use them. It was more for the purpose of this:

I have been studying costume history for over 12 years now and not once during all that time did I daily dress the part you guys seem to think is normal for the board. I dont' say I know more than anyone else on here, but I think I do know a fair amount about vintage clothing and the history of clothing. If you saw me walking down the street most of you wouldn't even know I was me. Some of those people who are being criticised may have a storeroom of knowledge about classic film, times past, clothing- just because they don't dress that way doesn't mean it's not their passion. And if they don't have those interests I bet they have scores of things they're good at and they will make their mark in the world positively regardless of what they dress like and what music tastes or fads they follow.

Nathan Flowers

Head Bartender
Staff member
Thank you, Lauren.

Goth, punk, emo, 80's, 40's: we're all people. This thread shouldn't be about gawking at others. The fact is, there are many of us here already in different groups and subcultures that have found something in common to like about the golden era and discuss. Today's goths or emos may be tomorrow's Marc Chevalier or Lauren Henline. It's time to end this thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
nextstop1derland