Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Introduction

Cattus Petasatus

One of the Regulars
Welcome Lt. I realized I was powerless over my addictions and compulsive behaviors. That's where I ended my recovery and just kept buying hats. Glad to have you with us.

fedoracentric

Banned
Well, LT if that is you in your avatar, you wear your new acquisitions well.

Buying hats is not a mental problem. Say this to yourself ten times a day. Because, the more someone says something, the truer it becomes.
:)

Landman

One Too Many
Welcome Lt !

The Fed IV is a great choice for a new production hat. I think you will really enjoy those hats while also getting some experience in working with an open crown hat.

Lt.hats

A-List Customer
Centric, I did use my ugly mug as my avatar..thanks!

Landman, I agree, I'm really enjoying my Fed IV. So much so, that my other hats are starting to gather a little dust. I was a little nervous on doing my first bash, but thanks to all the great advice and instructions here on TFL I did my first dry bash with little effort. I'm still experimenting with it.

forestranger

New in Town
Hello! I've been lurking for a long time and actually joined the forum back in Feb. but I did something wrong and couldn't post until today. I'm a 67 y/o retired forest ranger and have been wearing hats off and on since the mid-60s. Now I wear a fur felt or straw hat everyday. Most of what I now know about hats has come from this forum (I thought I really knew something about hats until I found this forum). My hat collection is made up of mostly Stetsons with a few Beaver Brands, a Resistol, an Akubra and a few Baileys. I've kinda settled on a 2.8-3" brim with a 4 1/2" pinched front or center dent crown since I still spend a lot of time outdoors and in the woods. I look forward to learning a lot more from you folks. Thanks, Jim in NC

Brimster

New in Town
New member introduction

Dear Loungers,

I joined the forums after becoming an avid reader over a few years, and I think it's only proper that I introduce myself to you all. I'm from London, but I live and work in the United Arab Emirates (UAE).
I favour Akubras and which I wear on an almost daily basis to protect myself from the harsh sun here, but also because I really like hats. As a surveyor (machinery and business assets) I sometimes spend quite a bit of time walking around in the sun and I really don't know what I'd do without my Akubras. I own a Cattleman, Bushman, and a Coober Pedy. The one hat that I would like to add to my collection is an Akubra Squatter; I do also really like the Akubra Campdraft, but it's too similar to the Bushman in my opinion.

Orangegrad

Practically Family
Welcome to the Lounge, Brimster. Sounds like you have a good start towards your Akubra collection. I can imagine all of your Akubras come in quite handy with your work environment.

If you're looking for a Squatter, the folks at Hats Direct (http://www.hatsdirect.com) are my favorite Australia market vendors. There are others that may have similar fedoras for less. But, depending on your hat size and availability, the original Squatter came in Featherweight felt without a liner - which is the version I own. If these are available in your size, you will find it to be an amazingly lightweight hat with great sun protection. Hats Direct is the only vendor that I know who still have sell the Australia Market version in this felt weight.

As you have opportunity, please do take some photos and post some.

Blackthorn

I'll Lock Up
Welcome, Brimster! You have made a good choice in picking Akubra hats. I love mine, too, very functional and nice looking, too.

Cattus Petasatus

One of the Regulars
Dear Loungers,

I live and work in the United Arab Emirates (UAE).

Welcome Brimster. My son has spent the last 2 years teaching in Dubai. He's coming home for a few weeks before his next adventure. Istanbul

I love my Akubras too. My next felt will probably be a squatter. I like the looks of it.

Glad you here.

Brimster

New in Town
Welcome to the Lounge, Brimster. Sounds like you have a good start towards your Akubra collection. I can imagine all of your Akubras come in quite handy with your work environment.

If you're looking for a Squatter, the folks at Hats Direct (http://www.hatsdirect.com) are my favorite Australia market vendors. There are others that may have similar fedoras for less. But, depending on your hat size and availability, the original Squatter came in Featherweight felt without a liner - which is the version I own. If these are available in your size, you will find it to be an amazingly lightweight hat with great sun protection. Hats Direct is the only vendor that I know who still have sell the Australia Market version in this felt weight.

As you have opportunity, please do take some photos and post some.

Thanks Orangegrad, I've been eyeing up a Squatter from Aussie Bush Hats, but because of the 3 month wait I decided to phone a few retailers in Australia to see if they had it in stock. City Hatters based in Melbourne have placed an order for some of these in slate which should be arriving in about 4 weeks, but I am after one in brown.

Spade

New in Town
Greetings all! I'm new here, although I've been reading the forum and browsing the classifieds for some time. I'm a junior in college, studying history. I'm rather enthralled with vintage hats, suits, cinema, and really anything related to the 1930s and '40s.

Hope to see ya'll around!

Spade

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
R_P_Meldner