Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Irrational hatred of hats

avedwards

Call Me a Cab
AtomicEraTom said:
I once dated a girl that HATED my hat.
My hat has never spoiled a relationship, if anything it made me seem more interesting. Until it became apparent that I am indeed not interesting but boring - the hat is an optical illusion.

dostacos

Practically Family
Just before first service at church today one of the men came up and said he loved my hat BUT he could only wear baseball caps. I spent the next ten minutes or so telling him it is only HIS perception that he looks funny in a fedora, once he starts wearing one that will go away.

{my wife was saying AND dressing up too:rolleyes:, I am usually the only one in a tie, there is one other that wears a fedora, and one guy wears a straw, but he is directing traffic in the parking lot so he is keepin da sun off his noggin and it is HOT in Eastvale:p }

IMG_0022.jpg
showin' off the newest Art Fawcett masterpiece:)

Well, I was 12 or 13, and so was she.....Fedora's don't make you seem interesting to someone that age. Having the nicest bicycle or a sweet playstation do.

avedwards said:
My hat has never spoiled a relationship, if anything it made me seem more interesting. Until it became apparent that I am indeed not interesting but boring - the hat is an optical illusion.

Rustin

New in Town
Wolfwood said:
Are you sure he recognized you with the hat? Sometimes people just look at the most obvious thing and miss the rest - in this case, he might have seen the hat and thought "no, I don't know anyone who wears a cowboy hat" and missed the face that peeked from underneath the brim.
Oh yeah, he knew it was me. He knew I'd started wearing it a few days before and he'd seen it on me. Given that there's probably two people at the whole hospital who wear a cowboy hat (maybe I should say 'western' hat) to work, I think he was just having a problem being seen near it. His problem, not mine... I like my hat and he'll just have to get used to it. Kids are more uptight than us adults, 2/3 of the time.

avedwards

Call Me a Cab
AtomicEraTom said:
Well, I was 12 or 13, and so was she.....Fedora's don't make you seem interesting to someone that age. Having the nicest bicycle or a sweet playstation do.
I'm 17, not too far off. There are many people who have a very strong irrational hatred for my fedora, even when I wear it with comparatively casual clothes. There are an equal amount of people who like my hats though (among them my friends).

When I wear them now, I'm a bit bigger of a guy, I was a pipsqueek when I was 12 or so. I think that these hats look a lot better on a larger framed guy, gives him a 'I mean business' kind of look, versus a 12 year old Pipsqueek. Now, I get compliments on them a lot of the time, but most of the time don't wear one because my hair's tough to keep in control after wearing a hat.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
direfulzealot