Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Jos A. Bank Trench coats?

Legal Concepts

One of the Regulars
Anyone know of the quality of their trench(rain) coats?

Also they got for lengths "regular" "long" and extra long. What size should I get? I'm 5'8" and don't want something too long, but want it to go past my knees.

I also looked at the staffords at JCPenny, is the quality even comparable between a Stafford trench and a Jos A. Bank raincoat?

Philalethes

A-List Customer
I have tried on Jos A. Bank's trench coats. I would say that the quality was OK, but they run very big - from what I remember, you may want to consider even going down a size. A regular would definitely be long enough to go past your knees (I am 5' 9").

For the price of a Jos. A Bank trenchcoat ($200?), you may be able to find a higher quality trench coat on ebay or elsewhere, but it would certainly do the job.

I own many items from J.C. Penney, and I would say that their quality is generally very high for the price. What I didn't like about their trench coats (at least last year's models) was that they were not double-breasted.

Last edited:

Barney

New in Town
Hi! I recommend looking on E-Bay. I've snagged a couple Burberry double breasted trench coats for around 200 dollars. (I'm a 42 reg.) Good luck with your search!

Legal Concepts

One of the Regulars
They should run on the big side, they are designed to fit on a suit.

Looks like I'm getting a JC penny trench, unfortunately we have NO Jos Banks around here. So I got to use JCpenny since they are convenient for returns, complaints, should I not like it.

Fifty150

One Too Many
You might also want to look at Lands End. You could always return to Sears if you don't like it.

img
img
img

Men's Regular Trench Coat
Item # 40430-3AD3
$ 199.50

DESCRIPTION
Timeless tradition with modern functionality.

Water-repellent cotton twill shell
Button-out liner for added warmth
Flap side pockets with secure button closure
Adjustable button tabs on the sleeves
Fully lined for easy on/off, neatly finished inside
Back vent
TEMPERATURE RATING - WARMER: 0° to 20° Fahrenheit. Use this as a comfort range for the type of climate you'll be wearing this Trench coat in with a typical winter wardrobe. learn more

Always in style, always in season, this classic is fitting for special occasions and daily commutes alike. Ours is true to the original, with a double-breasted front, removable belt and back vent. The water-repellent shell sheds rain and other wet weather to keep you dry. To take the chill off in cooler temps, there is a removable liner. For easier travels, there is an inside zip pocket with cord port for an MP3 player. 100% cotton shell with a polyester lining. Removable liner is a polyester/wool/rayon/acrylic/nylon blend. Dry clean. Imported.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
aronhoustongy