Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Leather Police Jackets

Leigh H

Practically Family
Welp went down a rabbit hole here. To say the least some of the best and most complimented jackets I own.

Aero Leather C.H.I.P.S:

View attachment 568548

Taylor Leatherwear CHP: Extremely pebbled soft leather, lining is really thin nylon, but the collar is great.

View attachment 568549

Taylor’s Leatherwear Indianapolis: My personal favorite, quilted lining, really nice grain and good cuffs/pockets
View attachment 568551

That Taylor Leatherwear CHP looks pretty damn good for the price!

Eddiesuave

Familiar Face
That Taylor Leatherwear CHP looks pretty damn good for the price!
Definitely I think I might of offered a little under $75 for it. It’s a vintage version, but an amazing style, if it wasn’t falling apart everywhere, I would wear it more often. I have considered buying a new version from their site from how good this one is, but ultimately went with Aero leather because I wanted FQHH CXL.

Thank you. It’s my first brand new higher quality leather jacket. Terry Mitchell’s showcases on his vintage Californians and Aero Jackets convinced me on the style/brand. This thread also pushed me towards Aero as well and it was a perfect choice. I can’t wait to see it broken in.

I posted in another thread but here is my MB Chips…

IMG_2618.jpeg

IMG_2619.jpeg

I think yours will look awesome.

Phenomenal. Thank you for sharing I haven’t found too much on how this particular jacket patinas. Definitely what I was looking for. Do you know if CXL FQHH stretches out at all over time?

Mine has not. But it gets much easier to wear. Most of the stiffness is long gone. I’m a sucker for police jackets. You got some good ones.

CombatWombat

Familiar Face
This Buco is coming my way for Christmas! A bit of a puzzle, which I like! I've got some ideas. What do you see?

I do know it came from Australia

View attachment 473088 View attachment 473089 View attachment 473091 View attachment 473092 View attachment 473093
I know I'm a year late almost......but you said this "came from Australia "
You didn't happen to buy it from a bloke on Fleabay that came from South Hobart, Tasmania by any chance?
If you did, you've got fleeced by a prick that "tag swaps" jackets unfortunately

This style of jacket was quite common among our state's police "radio mobile" units up till the 70s

Last edited:

Al 916

One Too Many
Here's a round up of my police style jackets, anything with a badge holder or ghost marks of a badge.

Early 50's Cal cross-zip with detachable collar and Conmar paperclip zipper.

View attachment 574816 View attachment 574817
View attachment 574818

40's All Weather Straight Zip

View attachment 574821 View attachment 574822 View attachment 574824

40's Starglove Straight zip, crown zipper and storm cuffs.

View attachment 574829 View attachment 574830
View attachment 574831
One could start to dislike you ........;_)

Beautiful!!!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shiny hats