Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Movember Mo - who's in?

The Good

Call Me a Cab
I might give it a try, again. I did this last year, and I ended up not shaving until nearly three months before I gave into pressure to shave it all off. It was itchy, and my facial hair is thin and light. Does just growing long sideburns count? I've been sporting these up till my last haircut when I decided to trim them a bit. They were almost mouth-level at one point, three inches long.

Edward

Bartender
I look ridiculous with a tache - I think it's the combination of that and the shaved head, I'm not sure.... something about it on me just screams wannabe military. (Which is ironic, as I've never had that reaction to myself when I wear an Irvin or any of the items of military or military style clothing I have appropriated for my own look over the years). Anyhoo, it just looks ridiculous. And did when I experimented with facial hair back when I had head-hair, come to think of it. On those grounds, I will not be partaking myself. It is, however a worthy cause - Spitifre, is there any way I can sponsor you online? Do you have a 'justgiving' page, or similar?

Spitfire

I'll Lock Up
I look ridiculous with a tache - I think it's the combination of that and the shaved head, I'm not sure.... something about it on me just screams wannabe military. (Which is ironic, as I've never had that reaction to myself when I wear an Irvin or any of the items of military or military style clothing I have appropriated for my own look over the years). Anyhoo, it just looks ridiculous. And did when I experimented with facial hair back when I had head-hair, come to think of it. On those grounds, I will not be partaking myself. It is, however a worthy cause - Spitifre, is there any way I can sponsor you online? Do you have a 'justgiving' page, or similar?
Thank you Edward - you could try this:
http://dk.movember.com/mospace/1458882
Or do a search for me (Søren Parup) on the international site!

(edit)
Just tried that - with no result. Must be the problem with the "ø" and the "o" - so no luck on the international site - there is only the danish version left. And there you can only donate in danish currency - so you might as well just donate to the cause on the UK site. But thanks anyway! :)

Last edited:

dhermann1

I'll Lock Up
A year ago I had a spectacular set of muttonchops for a show. My new main squeeze, however, prefers me clean shaven. But I may strike out on my own for this.

Edward

Bartender
Thank you Edward - you could try this:
http://dk.movember.com/mospace/1458882
Or do a search for me (Søren Parup) on the international site!

(edit)
Just tried that - with no result. Must be the problem with the "ø" and the "o" - so no luck on the international site - there is only the danish version left. And there you can only donate in danish currency - so you might as well just donate to the cause on the UK site. But thanks anyway! :)

Link seems to have worked for me! :)

MikeBravo

One Too Many
I did it a couple of years ago, as in my avatar

I went the old pencil. Of course, I did use eyebrow penicl to make it darker. My fair hair is barely visible if a 'tach I did have a beard for five years which was not too light

So, yes I will probably be in

dnjan

One Too Many
I hope you have all taken your "before" pictures for comparison when the results are posted at the end of the month.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Truthhurts21