Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

My Aero boots arrived!

Hawk_Eye

One of the Regulars
The last few days I've been glued to my computor screen, checking the tracking info for my order every hour or so. And today, a knock on the door and they were here! The downer was that I got hit with 140.00 in duty and taxes, but the excitement of getting the package sort of drowned that out. anyhow, here they are! Its a good thing I ordered them when I did, as they ran out of my size (again) 2 days later.

boots001.jpg

Very comfortable, warm and well constructed. They even came with removable sheepskin insoles (which were absent from the motorcowboy boots I used to own). The vamp does look different from originals, as has been discussed here at length, however it doesnt bother me. Overall great looking boots, and my goal is to get them to look as well worn as Paddys in time :D

Creeping Past

One Too Many
They look good. How do they feel?

Customs duty is harsh. I've been hit hard a couple of times this year. That'll not happen for a while, not until we see a £1 =$2 rate again...[huh]

I've noticed they're selling out quickly. I'm hoping they'll hold on to my size for a couple more weeks...

Smithy

I'll Lock Up
Well done Hawk Eye, and I bet they'll get quite a bit of wear in the upcoming Canadian winter.

BTW, I still haven't forgotten the ELC Irvin photos for you, I just have to find the bloody memory stick thing so I can transfer them to this machine to post. I'll try and get that done today or tomorrow for you.

Hawk_Eye

One of the Regulars
Thanks Smithy, but theres no rush now. I think I've figured out the size I need, and I need to wait until my goodwear sells anyways.

Creeping Past, the boots feel great, theyre really comfortable. Actually, I think I could have afforded to go one size lower, but they still fit well.

Jedburgh

New in Town
Those boots certainly look sharp. I am shocked though that your import tax was about 50% of the purchase of the boots. I ordered an item from the UK a few years ago and I believe that I payed around 5% total. Is 50% normal? That would seriously hamper spending 400 pounds on a jacket or any other item.

Hawk_Eye

One of the Regulars
Well heres the rundown on the customs charges. The boots cost me roughly 380 CND, once shipping was factored in it was around 440. The duty (all in CND) was 76.22, the GST (general service tax) was 22.87, and the PST (provincial service tax) was 36.59. Add in an 8.00 handling fee and altogtehr I had to fork out 143.68. Highway robbery is what it is. Judging by these figures i'll have to budget an additional 300 bucks for taxes and duty if and when I purchase an Irvin from Eastman.

Jedburgh

New in Town
Thanks Hawk_Eye for the rundown. So much for "free" trade. That is seriously crazy as you well know. Well, at least you are not disappointed with the boots as that would just add further insult to injury.

Spitfire

I'll Lock Up
Congrats Hawk Eye - great boots. And you have waited long and hard.
Just use them as often as possible, use lots of polish to soften them up and they will be like mine in a years time.

Dortheskrammemarts08004-1.jpg

Like Paddys in about 3 years time and lots of walking the dogs;)

Marv

A-List Customer
Had mine just about a year and have broken in about the same as Spitty's.......love the boots, wasn't too keen on the heel with that modern day grip on the sole though, I take your's were the same Spitty

pascalf

New in Town
Well I got mine also today.Very helpfull people.It only took three days from the time i orderd to when i got them.They feel nice and warm not to tight.Just need to wear them alot now so they don't look so spanking new.I had the first batch from motorcowboy and now these.What a difference. Photo's don't do them justice.They look a lot better in real life.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DapperBran