Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

New Aero A-2

Fanch

I'll Lock Up
I saw that too. During WWII, as I recall, the manufacturers of A-2's used goat, horse, cow, steer, or anything else they could get their hands on to make the jackets. It appears that Aero has come up with a nicely designed A-2 at this price point. The A-2, by design, is IMO the most basic of all of the military flight jackets.

Sloan1874

I'll Lock Up
If I wasn't expect an LHB v soon, I'd jump on it. Buying myself two jackets at Christmas, that would be very wrong...

rocketeer

Call Me a Cab
If I was still wearing A2s on a regular basis I'd have one of these any day, especially as they are all basically the same jacket with minor differences.
Pre-owned? is that the same as secondhand/used or new but never worn?:p

Blackadder

My Mail is Forwarded Here
Yes, I'm dreading the coming credit card bill since I bought a Lost World sale Dubow as well.

Blackadder

I asked Aero the question about veg or chrome less than a month ago and the answer is "Ken has to investigate current tanned of the hides, as he's been away for 8 years." Maybe you can send them a follow-up?

Alabama

New in Town
Looking at the photos on the Aero site, i do not like the way the front of the jacket pulls
around the zip.

Fanch

I'll Lock Up
You will have a drop down menu shown for the color/hide, size, and number of jackets you want to buy.

tkoy

New in Town
Thanks cordwangler, Fanch. I was looking at that page as well but was just wondering if this means they have all the sizes listed on that page in stock? I wasn't expecting Aero making so many of them in one go :p

Fanch

I'll Lock Up
Thanks cordwangler, Fanch. I was looking at that page as well but was just wondering if this means they have all the sizes listed on that page in stock? I wasn't expecting Aero making so many of them in one go :p

You're close enough to Aero that you can simply place a telephone call to Christine at Aero Tel: 44 (0)1896 755353 and inquire exactly what they have, and maybe even take a short drive to Galashiels to P/U a jacket. Unfortunately, I live on the wrong side of the Pond to do that. Good luck!

wdw

One Too Many
Hi tkoy. As Fanch says, jump at the chance to go down yourself. A visit is worth 10 phone calls and emails and you might even find something you like better.

tkoy

New in Town
Thanks Fanch, wdw. I have placed an order online and Christine replied that the leather has been cut and will get made this week.

I have been to their factory back in October and bought a 1930's half-belt which was a good find. Because I work in the office Mon-Fri from 9am-5:30pm and if I want to go to Galashiels I will need to take time off. Wish they could open on Saturday as well :p But at the moment I'm working offshore :(

Brettafett

One Too Many
Thanks Fanch, wdw. I have placed an order online and Christine replied that the leather has been cut and will get made this week.

I have been to their factory back in October and bought a 1930's half-belt which was a good find. Because I work in the office Mon-Fri from 9am-5:30pm and if I want to go to Galashiels I will need to take time off. Wish they could open on Saturday as well :p But at the moment I'm working offshore :(

Mmmm. Thats Great, but what about those who have been patiently waiting ages for their A-2 due to the backlogs..... :eusa_doh:

Sloan1874

I'll Lock Up
I think the stock of the A-2s is down to one of their new/returned seamstresses, who's a dab-hand at being able to turn them around quickly.

Blackadder

I thought they are "available .......while stocks last......for immediate delivery in stock ". I guess it now means leather in stock, already cut, waiting to be sewn then shipped. LOL.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
aronhoustongy