Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

New Aero J106. Fit opinions, please?

Worf

I'll Lock Up
Looks good on you. If I could see the top of your jeans I could better judge length and arm rise. Even without that information I can safely say that's a bad ass lookin' jacket.

Worf

Metatron

One Too Many
Yours? It suits you perfectly. Don't think I could pull it off, I would probably look like a wannabe biker, but in your case it's spot on.

malligator

New in Town
Looks good on you. If I could see the top of your jeans I could better judge length and arm rise. Even without that information I can safely say that's a bad ass lookin' jacket.

Worf

If you look at photo 1 (of 11) you can see my pants. The jacket belt is lying right on top of my pants belt.

mattp

One of the Regulars
Sweet looking jacket, and I think the fit looks spot on. Now you just need to take the tags off and commit to wearing the crap out of it to break it in. Should only take a few years, enjoy!

53Effie

A-List Customer
I think it looks great. As mentioned above...get to breaking it in! Fit looks just right in all aspects to me. Incidentally, great job on the weight loss. My background is similar in that regard. Keeping it off takes some real ongoing work, but it is well worth the effort. Congratulations.

malligator

New in Town
I think it looks great. As mentioned above...get to breaking it in! Fit looks just right in all aspects to me. Incidentally, great job on the weight loss. My background is similar in that regard. Keeping it off takes some real ongoing work, but it is well worth the effort. Congratulations.

Thanks, Mike. I gained 30 pounds back in '11 and have since lost it again this year. Every day is a struggle and will be the rest of my life, but yes, it is totally worth it.

malligator

New in Town
Sleeve length looks good, so does back length. How is it across your shoulders? Can't tell if it is bunching below the back of the collar...
How about if you were reaching forward for handlebars?

It's odd how baggy and bunched the back looks, because it doesn't feel that way when I'm wearing it. It's as tight across the shoulders as I'd ever want. I wonder if I have a tendency to pull my shoulders back when I'm taking pics (you can tell I stand at attention) so the back looks "puffy"?

Fanch

I'll Lock Up
Mal, your jacket looks great and appears to fit very well too. When you get a chance post pictures of you and the jacket taken with you on your ride. All of us vicariously enjoy pictures that you post and imagine how such a jacket might look on us. Also applies to your cycle too!

Edward

Bartender
Looks good to me. What's the drop between shoulders and waist (measured right at the bottom edge of the jacket)? I have one of Aero's standard MC jackets, but I'm going to have to sell it. I'd love a J106 eventually, when funds allow, but I'm wary of the sizing. The MC is grand for me over the chest and shoulders, but way too tight on the waist. To put that in context, it's tighter by a good couple of inches than my 30s Halfbelt....

roadking04

Practically Family
Hi Malligator. Jacket looks bad to the bone. How does it fit on the bike. I ride in cold weather and need a jacket to cover my back when riding. Front length looks great, but what about back length when riding? Gratz on the weight loss.

majormajor

One Too Many
Others have already said it - but let's see it without the shirt sticking out the bottom (not a good look).

The acid test with any close fitting jacket is can you drive/ride a bike without feeling pressure across you back??:D

malligator

New in Town
Mal, your jacket looks great and appears to fit very well too. When you get a chance post pictures of you and the jacket taken with you on your ride. All of us vicariously enjoy pictures that you post and imagine how such a jacket might look on us. Also applies to your cycle too!

I'll try to do that, but I'm loath to ask the girl I'm seeing to take action shots on my bike. She already thinks I'm obsessed with this jacket...which is probably true. :)

malligator

New in Town
Looks good to me. What's the drop between shoulders and waist (measured right at the bottom edge of the jacket)? I have one of Aero's standard MC jackets, but I'm going to have to sell it. I'd love a J106 eventually, when funds allow, but I'm wary of the sizing. The MC is grand for me over the chest and shoulders, but way too tight on the waist. To put that in context, it's tighter by a good couple of inches than my 30s Halfbelt....

According to the folks at Insurrection this model is 26" in back. I'll measure when I get home to give you an exact number. It is cut pretty tapered in the body, but I wouldn't call the waist very trim at all.

schitzo

Suspended
Now you just need to take the tags off and commit to wearing the crap out of it to break it in. Should only take a few years, enjoy!

I realised today that my aero FQHH halfbelt is completely broken in. I only got it this summer and though it was stiff as hell then now it's buttery soft all over and completely comfortable to wear. Hence I think it is 'broken' - and that took me just a few months.

If maligator is gonna ride his bike in it he might even be able to get the job done quicker. Btw, congrats on your new jacket sir and thanks for the pictures. As already mentioned pics of new aeros are always well received in these parts

All the best
Schitz

malligator

New in Town
Hi Malligator. Jacket looks bad to the bone. How does it fit on the bike. I ride in cold weather and need a jacket to cover my back when riding. Front length looks great, but what about back length when riding? Gratz on the weight loss.

I've not been able to ride with it yet because my bike is sitting at home with a dead battery. I'll be remedying that on my way home tonight so I'll let you know tomorrow. I've sat on my bike, though, and with the longer than traditional length there is a little bunch up in the front, but I expect that to settle down as the leather breaks in and loses it's ability to stand on its own (last pic of the linked gallery).

malligator

New in Town
Others have already said it - but let's see it without the shirt sticking out the bottom (not a good look).

The acid test with any close fitting jacket is can you drive/ride a bike without feeling pressure across you back??:D

At least the first couple of pics were with a tucked in shirt. :)

Right now I wouldn't say the limiting factor on riding comfort is the back. It's more the pushback associated with the cardboard stiff chest panels. The back fits fine and jacket lifts very little when I raise my arms so as soon as those chest panels wear in I'll be set.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Grateful Fred