Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

New Good Wear Ventura...

Boyo

Call Me a Cab
Butte, above jacket looks great!, is that "your" jacket being modeled? BTW I really liked the one you posted a few weeks ago that you felt was a little short. how much length did you add to this one? The original is listed at 24.5"

Butte, above jacket looks great!, is that "your" jacket being modeled? BTW I really liked the one you posted a few weeks ago that you felt was a little short. how much length did you add to this one? The original is listed at 24.5"
Thanks to all. Yes, that's mine Boyo. I added (I believe) 1" to the length. I know it doesn't sound like much, but it was "that close" and so there ya go. What was really the deal breaker though for ME was the arm holes. Just too tight. I know that I can take a little tightness and fix it with wear/stretching, but it was beyond that for me. That one was also black, but in a similar hide.I know some guys hate the contrasting stitching, and I get that - it's a fine line and on some jackets it doesn't work. I feel that this does though, so I'm smiling :)I've seen a few other of JC's jackets made with this hide and I can tell you, it is insane when it starts getting used. I'm thrilled to get it and if it doesn't fit, I'll jump off of the Colorado bridge lol

pauleway

Practically Family
Man oh man that is nice. I like this jacket even more than the one you sent back. The contrast stitching is perfect-Congradulations!!!

Grayland

Call Me a Cab
What was really the deal breaker though for ME was the arm holes. Just too tight. I know that I can take a little tightness and fix it with wear/stretching, but it was beyond that for me.

Did you request something special to prevent the armhole issue from occuring with this jacket?

BTW - the contrast stitching looks awesome.

Boyo

Call Me a Cab
Thanks to all. Yes, that's mine Boyo. I added (I believe) 1" to the length. I know it doesn't sound like much, but it was "that close" and so there ya go. What was really the deal breaker though for ME was the arm holes. Just too tight. I know that I can take a little tightness and fix it with wear/stretching, but it was beyond that for me. That one was also black, but in a similar hide.I know some guys hate the contrasting stitching, and I get that - it's a fine line and on some jackets it doesn't work. I feel that this does though, so I'm smiling :)I've seen a few other of JC's jackets made with this hide and I can tell you, it is insane when it starts getting used. I'm thrilled to get it and if it doesn't fit, I'll jump off of the Colorado bridge lol

Before you jump, PM me, that jacket may fit me :)

Grayland

Call Me a Cab

I still haven't figured out the back length thing with the GW Ventura. The sale jacket you reference is a size 46 and JC is 6'1, yet the length looks great at 24.5". I'm 5"9.5, wear a size 40 and I usually want no less than 24.5". Not sure how he does that, but he does it well!

Yeah, I tried not to pay attention to the numbers - even when talking with John. I told him what I wanted, and he took the other Ventura and adjusted accordingly. Of course it's not on me yet, so I can't proclaim success, but I'm not worried.

As for armholes, I just told him what was wrong. I suppose there's a couple ways to handle it, but I didn't ask. :)

I also had the waist tightened up. I think the original was made for someone with a larger waist, so as you can see, it's more snug around John's waist. The other one blouses out more, which I did not want. See pic below.

Ventura_Size48_01.jpg
And mine:

Ventura_01.jpg

Last edited:

Grayland

Call Me a Cab
Looks great. Better hope JC doesn't take a liking to it and keep it for himself.

I just noticed that the breast pocket on yours seems a few inches wider. Special request for your big paws?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
nextstop1derland