Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

New Good Wear Ventura...

Sorry, lots of shots, and I can't make 'em all our well enough on the small screen, so apologies if this is repetitive and boring :)

35d5fd570d77a32bb977973071c957a1.jpg

<br>
<br>

4091248ce2cf0a853cb7d29fcee24c0e.jpg

<br>
<br>

327a7dd6643057859541613715ca5398.jpg

<br>
<br>

347db8f06430c3f6ff253b162f484c72.jpg

<br>
<br>

04b07b2419abff53995e224991655b17.jpg

<br>
<br>
94d8b1b700e5796fe58cb117ee789293.jpg

<br>
<br>
b1ec475d895f1a5f58f1b2ee857057d8.jpg

<br>
<br>

8ec6ac015ec4eeb4e8508733de233c4a.jpg

<br>
<br>

Worf

I'll Lock Up
That stitching looks "sick"!!!!! Pretty and I like the new longer length too. Great job man.. beautiful!!! Errr... why you so bashfull all of a sudden????

Worf

pauleway

Practically Family
Perfect!!! Do yourself a favor and if you ever think of selling it because you need the money for you're kids college or wedding or an operation or whatever - DON'T!!!

No way I'm selling. I got two (for now) good kidneys and a couple other organs that can get some cash in a pinch :)
Thanks for the compliments. Really, those pictures suck. Hard to buy into, but...
And Worf, shy - not so much as I'm just plain homely brother! lol

bretron

Call Me a Cab
So so much better than black IMO- amazing jacket and well worth the wait. Congrats, Scott!

wild_balls

Practically Family
Well, now you have set a standard that makes the rest of us quite jealous!!!
Simply perfect, haven't seen any jacket even come close to this. That lining is awesome!
Congratulations! :eusa_clap

Cheers Joakim

Cooperson

One Too Many
By far the best looking Ventura I've ever seen! Love the colour of the hide and the contrasting stitching just sets the jacket apart from all others. The lining is a great choice with the hide and gives the jacket a very expensive, classy look. The fit could not be better either, the perfect length. Glad it turned out so well, after such a long wait.

For me this has to be one of the best looking jackets ever posted. Enjoy this beauty and post more pics when it's broken in.

Last edited:

Graemsay

Practically Family
Nice jacket there Butte, and a civillian Good Wear makes a change. I don't think that I've ever seen a bad one off John, but that looks fantastic.

I've got one on order too. I'm worried that Worf is going to slim down, and start looking hopeful by the time it arrives! :D

767fo

One of the Regulars
The pics turned out really nice. This has to be one of the hardest hides to show the true color. The fit is perfect and John did a fabulous job as always. Enjoy!!!!

schitzo

Suspended
Green is the colour. What a ****! :mad:

But seriously, i think those pics are pretty good. Even better for not having your face in!! Sorry, I can't help it that jacket is too much

First, thanks fellas for the compliments. It means a lot coming from this group. Second, I have to admit, I was really hell-bent (oops, already taken) on showing Good Wear as a "not just WWII repro" maker of cool vintage designs. They get so much press over their military jackets (rightly so) and I really wanted to see that in a civi. The inspiration came from "767fo" and Ishmael. I'm really glad I did this too because it is just an amazing jacket. Allen is dead-on, you can't take pics of this hide unless you have the camera and skills. Although the original pics from John I posted show it best. The stitching is a little more noticeable in person, which I think is awesome - shows the skills big time. And believe me, the Himel pics posted have the same challenges. For whatever reason, it's just hard to capture it. Anyway, I'm glad it came out like it did. I can't imagine people not thinking of GW as a legit maker in this side of things. Maybe John will even expand one day to other designs (nothing like public pressure). So, at the risk of sounding like a shill, I'll stop already. But I can't say enough about this whole experience. If you're not in line for a GW of any sort, I'd do so. All this makes me really feel bad for Cooperson. To give this up would be very difficult indeed. . Thanks again fellas. I appreciate the kind words. (And see, not one Gary Busey / Nick Nolte comment - hiding my head worked!) lol

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
aronhoustongy