• Welcome to The Fedora Lounge!

New Ladies and Gents Step Forward

Discussion in 'The Observation Bar' started by Lauren, Sep 13, 2005.

1. Zachary

Zachary Familiar Face

Hello Ladies and Gentlemen!

My name is Zachary, and as you can imagine, I'm new in town. ;)

I'm 27 years old and I just love anything related to "vintage." Above all, I love old music as described here and old movies, especially b/w movies from the 40s and 50s. I usually do not listen to music made after 1965. Furthermore, I collect North American license plates; my oldest ones are Connecticut (tax sticker Aug 1963) and Tennessee from 1933. I do not watch movies because of their plots, I just enjoy the costumes. (I don't have a sensitive antenna for film plots.)

My occupation currently is working as an Esperanto teacher, besides attending University and looking for some kind of not-so-difficult, not-so-bad-paying work. :)

In my leasure time, I have appearances as a magician, comedian, and ventriloquist.

Talk to you later,
    Zach

2. Big Man

Big Man My Mail is Forwarded Here

Welcome to the Fedora Lounge.

WFB, III

3. 59Lark

59Lark A-List Customer

59 Lark , mike have been a member for years but life got too busy and I lost my way, and haven't posted much in 3 yrs , but a major life hurdle has made me think its time to reflect and ponder. I am 54 yrs old and about to find out what single life is about after 28 yrs of marriage. I will still have the store and the kids and the dogs and the horse to look after , its just the wife who is leaving . I have missed the music and the style of the golden era. I have wore a fedora for 30 years and listened to big band when I could , I own a 59 Studebaker lark, which I hardly drove this year , 4 times . so welcome me back and I hope to enjoy this forum again mike ie 59lark

4. Hi there everyone!
    My name is Courtney, and I just found out about this group a few days ago. I'm 35 years old, happily married and pursuing a PhD in history with a focus on Native American history of the Eastern US after spending ten years working for the Associated Press. I grew up in Oak Ridge, Tennessee (Atomic City!) and moved to New Haven, CT in 2000. My father, who was much older than my mother, instilled a love for the 1930s and 1940s in me before his passing a while back. I've been married for six years to a wonderful man who "gets" my idiosyncracies and love for all things vintage. He and I own a small recording studio, which can be lots of fun if you don't let the workload get to you. Thank you all for having me here, and I hope to learn more from you all in the future.

Alz and Big Man like this.
  5. Big Man

vallettavalentine likes this.
  6. Thanks!!!

Big Man likes this.
  7. Blacktocomm

Blacktocomm New in Town

Hello All!

New here, stumbled into the forum while looking for information on leather jackets. Decided to register for buy/sell/trade in the forum. I also have collected vintage watches and vintage guitars.

Big Man likes this.
  8. Big Man

Blacktocomm likes this.
  9. Zachary

Zachary Familiar Face

Welcome and greetings to the Evergreen State!

Blacktocomm likes this.