Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

New Ladies and Gents Step Forward

Don Tomaso

A-List Customer
Hi everybody,

I'm new to this forum so I want to say hello. What dragged me here was the search for a real nice leather-jacket - which I meanwhile found in Scotland, the order is out and now I'm waiting - but there seems to be quite something to look at here.

Cheers
Thomas

Gin&Tonics

Practically Family
Hello to everyone

I thought I'd best come introduce myself, since I decided to sign up after browsing the forum a while and being thoroughly impressed with the sartorial excellence to be seen here. Let's see, where to begin...

I'm 29 years old, live in BC, Canada, married with 1 child, another hopefully soon to join by international adoption. I'm a profoundly uncommon man, extremely counter-cultural without really setting out to be so. I have a deep love of all things antique, and a pervasive dislike of the modern aesthetic. I love old houses, old books, old clothing, antiques and curios from a by-gone age. I have long thought it was a crying shame that the man's hat fell out of favour, and recently I had a kind of menswear epiphany whereby I did away with my jeans and t-shirts and have been exploring some nicer clothing. I am particularly fascinated by the refinement of the Victorian era and heartily agree with one fashion commentator who stated, "The Victorians were the Lords of Style".

While the "Golden Era" isn't my major cup of tea, I definitely appreciate a fine fedora, and I do quite like the styles I'm seeing on this site.

I have also been smoking pipes and wearing a pocket watch daily for years, nearly a decade in fact; it's not affectation as the reason is pretty mundane. I actually started wearing a pocket watch to prevent myself being injured by my wristwatch bracelet while working as a hospital security guard (hospitals are also filthy, and watch straps and bracelets LOVE to collect filth). I am also fond of cuban cigars, though I prefer a good pipe to a cigar any day, and I love fine liquor and am trying to learn which are the most delicious of spirits, wine and beer.

I also have a fervent love of English literature, though I don't get to read as often as I might like, and I am a confirmed histrophile.

Looking forward to being a member of the Lounge; I was already drooling over the top hats thread.

Here's to you, Loungers, and may I in all respects live up to the fine standard you have set! ::sips his gin and tonic and heads off to read more threads::

AntTxSon

New in Town
Not at all sure where to post on this forum, but I just wanted to say "Hello!" I've been lurking for a while now and decided to finally join up. Seems like a great group of guys and a very interesting place. I'm sure I will have some questions before too long... haha.

morgan_darling

New in Town
If I don't get lost in the pages.

My name is Morgan Olivia Darling. I am about to turn 30 and I live just outside Vancouver BC. I love and collect all manner of things from the 1940s through mid 1960s. My biggest obessions being pyrex, Danish teak furniture, vintage bar ware and costume jewelry. I work in a thrift store which makes it really easy to find amazing stuff and I make hair clips. I am also an apprentice milliner and have hopes of opening my own shop that specializes in the restoration of vintage hats.

Gin&Tonics

Practically Family
If I don't get lost in the pages.

My name is Morgan Olivia Darling. I am about to turn 30 and I live just outside Vancouver BC. I love and collect all manner of things from the 1940s through mid 1960s. My biggest obessions being pyrex, Danish teak furniture, vintage bar ware and costume jewelry. I work in a thrift store which makes it really easy to find amazing stuff and I make hair clips. I am also an apprentice milliner and have hopes of opening my own shop that specializes in the restoration of vintage hats.

A local girl! Welcome to the board; I wonder if you don't actually live in my neck of the woods. Would you perhaps be somewhere in the Fraser Valley?

I'm currently on the hunt for a good tweed sportcoat in 42L, do give a shout if you find one, won't you? lol

Bolt

New in Town
Hello,

found this great forum during my search for information about leather jackets, especially from scotland, a couple of weeks ago :).
Since then i return here nearly every day and can't´t stop finding new amazing threads ;-)
Lots of interesting stuff here. About my person: I´m 34 years old and from germany. Working at a big fire department...
I´m really looking forward to meet nice people here and have to have a good time.
Feel free to ask, if there are any questions.
Best wishes for you and stay safe,

Paul

MB15

New in Town
Hello everybody
I'm the new guy, so i just wanted to say hello. My name is Marco, i came from Germany, and one or two faces around here seem familiar to me:D
I'm 23 years old, and my interest in vintage clothing first started in October 2009, but i didn't start wearing vintage clothing since 2011, when i finally get my first vintage inspired suit. Why i'm interested in "old fashioned clothing"? I don't know exactly. It just wins my heart. I think, the look is great, and i just tried to look just like all the guys in older ads. Sadly enough, it doesn't work with me:D
Greetings
Marco

silverladybug

New in Town
Hi everyone,
My name is Rebecca and I'm 21. I've been interested in the Victorian period up through the 1950s for quite a while now, but haven't really known what to do with myself until I found this site. Most of my friends think I'm nuts. I'm a bit overwhelmed by the amount of information on here, and the amount of knowledge that everyone seems to have, but hopefully I'll pick it up soon. Hope everyone is doing well.

-Bec

MikeBravo

One Too Many
Hi everyone,
My name is Rebecca and I'm 21. I've been interested in the Victorian period up through the 1950s for quite a while now, but haven't really known what to do with myself until I found this site. Most of my friends think I'm nuts. I'm a bit overwhelmed by the amount of information on here, and the amount of knowledge that everyone seems to have, but hopefully I'll pick it up soon. Hope everyone is doing well.

-Bec

We're all nuts here. Please feel at home ;)

There are many folks that feel just like you here. Welcome to the nuthouse! lol

Hi everyone,

-Bec

LOL Sanity is overrated... Welcome aboard, Bec and Marco!

As for your friends, young lady, if they're the kind worth having they'll acept you for who you are regardless. :) Or, as I responded to my peers' criticisms when I was your age: "And THIS... means WHAT... to ME?" Try to imagine it spoken in a dead-flat monotone, kinda like David Cross as the morgue attendant in the first Men In Black... :D LOL

Gin&Tonics

Practically Family
Hi everyone,

-Bec

Booyah, more representation for the Victorian faction! Never forget, "The Victorians were the Lords of Style" ;) Welcome aboard, and yes, we're all mad here, bwahaha.

The fun thing is just being yourself and not caring whether others approve or not :D

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
HughGDePoo