Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

New Ladies and Gents Step Forward

Dan G

One of the Regulars
Howdy howdy Rick! Where abouts in Idaho are you? I grew up in Sandpoint up North of Coeur d'Alene. Lived there all but the last six months. I miss the area.

oswulf

New in Town
Thanks guys.
Dan, I'm living in Weiser right now, just bought a house here last year so I guess I'm pretty settled here for awhile at least.

Dan G

One of the Regulars
Wow, you guys have a lot of history down there! Some neat old buildings, not to mention Walter Johnson! Weiser's a few thousand people smaller than Sandpoint's 7,000. You guys are just over 5,000 right?

Chickpea

Familiar Face
Goodmorning ladies.
You wouldn´t know how happy I am to have found this place. I just can´t understand how I´ve missed it??
I spent most of yesterday browsing, and I am so impressed and inspired by you all:eusa_clap

Me, I´m Chickpea, mom of 2, 35 years old from Norway.
I havent gotten to define my looks and era. My heart belongs to the 30s, but my looks are more of the 50s. So we´ll see...

I´m looking forward to spending time with you all.

Chickpea

Familiar Face
Goodmorning ladies and gents.

You wouldn´t know how happy I am to have found this place. I just can´t understand how I´ve missed it??
I spent most of yesterday browsing, and I am so impressed and inspired by you all:eusa_clap

Me, I´m Elin, mom of 2, 35 years old from Norway.
I havent gotten to define my looks and era. My heart belongs to the 30s, but my looks are more of the 50s. So we´ll see...

I´m looking forward to spending time with you all.

Warlock

Suspended
Greetings, Ladies and Gentlemen! My name is John and I am a hat lover. It has been two days since my last hat purchase. (Sorry, Bill!) I have chosen the name Warlock based on an old Eastern European word usage described in a story I read in my youth. In it the character Warlock had an ability to cause conflicts large and small to cease. That seems like a good thing, and it is a literal reading of the word. Hence, my name here at the Fedora Lounge. I will endeavor to be an asset. My principal interest is in modern hats, although I have a very few vintage ones. I applaud the quality of information and the temperament I find here.

MA&PA 40's

New in Town
Hello to all-I don't think my husband has introduced us yet, so I shall (if he has please forgive me:eusa_doh:) We're a married couple in our late 20's-early 30's with two lovely little girls in Oregon. I grew up with an older father (25 yrs. between my parents)and I just figure that I have always had the 30's and 40's in my blood. My husband just recently caught on to the whole idea of vintage-I think it was spurred on by his love to history (we've been doing civil war reenacting for several years) and he's recently caught the WWII bug. It's branched out way beyond that now, I even have him watching old movies with me and searching out vintage clothes. I am a seamstress, therefore I make all of my vintage attire-love the vintage vogue patterns, and my true LOVE is Millinery. (I could never have too many hats!) My interest extends beyond the 30's and 40's to incorporate the 50's as well-love those full pleated skirts. I have made a few posts, however most have been on the threads in the mens area-I am intrigued by the fur felt hats so I've been lurking around there a lot. I haven't spent anytime in the Powder room yet, I'll have to check that out soon. I don't think my husband has made any posts yet, he tends to be more of an observer and loves to gather info, but I'm sure he'll introduce himself sometime too. We have been watching the posts for NW get togethers and hope to join one of them soon. We have also really been enjoying the Classic Style magazine. I guess it's easiest to say that we have a pretty well rounded love of all things vintage-music, movies, clothes, home decor, etc.
One last thing you can maybe help me out with-I LOVE the Andrews Sisters and I love to sing-it would be great to find a group of ladies to get together to sing some of their music, know of anyone doing that?
Anyway, that's an overview of us, I'm afraid I may have been a bit wordy, excuse my enthusiasm, but we're really having a lot of fun here and we're so glad to have found so many people with our same interests. Nice to meet you all!

lindawmn

New in Town
Introduction

Hi there. My name's Linda. Just joined a couple days ago. I am both an avid purchaser and a dealer online (NOT Ebay!) I do mostly jewelry right now, both costume and fine and am venturing into vintage clothing. I will mostly dresses, both cocktail and casual, with some coats and suits. I only plan to sell item in excellent to mint condition.

Best find to date is a stunning watercolor silk floral Ceil Chapman gown in pastel shades of greens and pink with delicate gold threading for accent. Found it in a local shop (haunted to the gills I might add - lots of fun there!). Haven't decided if I'm selling it yet -- fits me like a glove!

I'm here to enjoy everyone else's finds and to converse.

Undertow

My Mail is Forwarded Here
Hello! My name is David and I'm calling from Des Moines, Iowa. I don't know how many of you are familiar with this part of the US but it's a bit sleepy. I've been reading this board for a few months now and decided it's about time I started posting.

I'm not exactly into vintage items or clothes as much as I am into the vintage look. I can't explain my passion but I equate it to simply looking good; like a gentleman. I recall My grandfathers' styles as well as my father's style and I believe I fit into those categories better than I fit into current styles.

I'm a Bing Crosby fan, and a fan of most Jazz, swing, Big Band, etc. but I'm also a fan of chamber music, orchestras, pianos as well as other classical instruments.

I'm on a very strict budget but I currently wear Biltmore's because they are some of the few brands available in my area.

Anyway, I'm excited to be here and I can't wait to jump in on some of your excellent conversations! :p

broadway

New in Town
musical theater

greetings to you people interested in the finer things in life
my great interest is musicals
especially in finding a way to produce a musical
it aint easy
but it should happen if it's a good work
melodic, a story line, great characters,
and timing is so important for a work
and of course finding the right actors for the parts is quite important
on with the show.

Mr Blaine

New in Town
Nice to meet you all.

Hi all.
My name is Paul. I have been ghosting this site since the day it started. I got into this place through that other great site Indygear.com. I do recoginse some names here. Such as MK and a few other good people. I have so much to investingate as even though I have been ghosting this site for years; there are so much new stuff to read up on. I love the suites the music the lids and the way that the ladys done there make up and clothes back then. I with this look would come back into fashion; I would be in my element right now. I live in a place called Basildon, Essex, England; te same place that Depeche Mode come from. I am getting my first Fed for my birthday that is in June; I am really excited about haveing my own Fed; how sad am I. I suppose I have wanted to get one for about four to five years now; I have just been a bit money shy thats all. My username is: Doeindy on COW; You may recognise the name.

Does MK still make the Maltese Falcon prop; I would love to have one of thos Dingas!

Take care all of you and I look forward to meeting you all; I am a very social person you know.

God Bless,

Paul.

Hep Kitten

New in Town
Hello Ladies and Gentlemen...

My name is Sonia, but I'm known as Kitten or K. I found this lovely community when I was doing a search on vintage hairstyles. What a treat! I haven't found too many lovers of the Golden Era here in Miami, so I have found myself quite peerless...until now! :D I am approaching my 35th. birthday, am married to my soulmate and work as a librarian. I have always loved past eras, from the Victorian Era to the Golden Era. I love the etiquette, manners and fashion sense people practiced then. The "modern world" often leaves me wanting. I am thrilled to be here! Being a plus-sized girl, it has not been easy to obtain a vintage wardrobe. I absolutely love the military influenced utility and non-utility fashion of the 40's. I equally love the luxurious and feminine post-war fashion. I adore hats, bags and shoes, but what gal doesn't? Hepburn, Davis, Harlow, Grant, Cooper, Flynn...I could go on and on. In any case, I'll stop rambling now. I look forward to getting to know you. :)

Private Eye

New in Town
oswulf said:
Howdy all!

I've been the mad hatter in my family most of my life, but I suppose my first fedora was an old original Indiana Jones hat I bought not long after the first movie came out. I loved that hat, and it sort of defined who I was for a long time until I was riding a ferry across Puget sound standing at the bow enjoying the scenery when a gust of wind blew the hat into the ocean. I actually thought about going after it for a second or two until good sense got the better of me.

I never leave the house without a hat on my head and the fedora style is my absolute favorite, though I do like a little wider brim on them.

As far as the vintage clothing goes, I tend to favor a safari style look but in new stock, never been much of a suit and tie guy and in this little podunk Idaho town I'd really stand out as an even bigger oddball than I already do. (the kilt phase really threw the locals for a loop)

This forum really does seem like a friendly place and it seems you all have some get togethers occasionally, which sounds like a lot of fun. I hope to be a part of it myself.
Rick aka Oswulf

Hello Rick,

A lot of what you described resonated with me. I've had a "Dynafelt" fedora for about 25 years that I bought in the magnificent Pacific Northwest, but I also lost my "Indiana Jones" fedora under rather ridiculous circumstances (too embarrassed to mention here). I never leave the house without one of my Fedoras and I also gravitate to styles with wider brims. About the only thing we seem to differ on is the fact that though I enjoy the cargo-pant adventurer look, I have of late rediscovered the nearly lost "man's accessory"... the tie.

The positive reinforcement I get suggests that Southern California's reputation of being "laid back" may be in for a metamorphosis of sorts... I hope so. Let's here it for class, style and dressing to the nines!

Oh, and the kilt does get worn on occasion.

Miztorif

New in Town
I am 36 I live in Montery, Ca. I have been a life long fan of 1940-1950's style & culture. I am "recreating" myself. I have been trying to teach myself the hair & makeup techniques. So far I havent maimed myself too badly (My parents really wanted a boy, but I am able to work on cars but curlers perplex me)
Admittedly, I am more into the pinup look I cant think of anything else now- I am so glad I have joined this group & I look forward to meeting everyone.
Tori

JohnR

New in Town
In my neck of the woods, if anyone wears a hat it's a baseball cap or cowboy hat. I'm one of the very few who wear a brimmed hat. My six year old daughter seems to be the only one who appreciates my brown crushable wool hat; everyone else thinks I'm trying to be Indiana Jones when they see it. Kinda bugs me; I know I'm no Indiana Jones and I'm not pretending to be. The darn thing is functional and comfortable.

Not that I mind, I think any man worth his salt should want to be Indy.

My wife is from Nicaragua, where we spend summers more or less. With an ever spreading bald spot, a hat is essential to me in the tropical sun. Down there, people wear baseball caps and certain kinds of functional brimmed hats, but never fedoras and never Panamas. You'd look like a crazy tourist wearing one. No Tilleys either. Them damn yuppie hats don't go over well down there.

So I'm looking for a lighter color crushable. Grey or light tan. I'd also like it to have ear flaps for winter. Water repellent. An all season hat. It gets cold here in North Florida.

Anyway, this is a great site and I'm glad I found it!

Clarke

New in Town
My name is Clarke. I am student, writer, and amateur photographer. I've been stung by vintage clothing after stumbling here into the Lounge. Boxford, Mass. is my home a town that's north of Boston. We have a farm and a field with many wonderful animals.

Dressing is important to me, it's something I wish people still did today. I'm hunting around for three piece suits (double breasted, single, and peak lapel). I like to acquire detachable collars someday and hope that will be in the future.

I look forward to meeting others with similar interests!

Regards,

Clarke

Sir RBH

A-List Customer
Clarke said:
My name is Clarke. I am student, writer, and amateur photographer. I've been stung by vintage clothing after stumbling here into the Lounge. Boxford, Mass. is my home a town that's north of Boston. We have a farm and a field with many wonderful animals.

Dressing is important to me, it's something I wish people still did today. I'm hunting around for three piece suits (double breasted, single, and peak lapel). I like to acquire detachable collars someday and hope that will be in the future.

I look forward to meeting others with similar interests!

Regards,

Clarke

Welcome! there are several resource on the net for stiff collars.. If you need any advise, feel free to drop em a line. Regards
RBH

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
direfulzealot