Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

New Ladies and Gents Step Forward

Hat Chick

New in Town
Halloooo!

Greetings and Salutations To All~

I somehow surfed my way to this Board a while ago, and I’ve been devouring threads old and new (mostly old Girly-stuff in Beauty & the PR). I would have introduced myself sooner and probably commented quite a bit except almost all of my reading has been done from a mobile phone and one cannot post from there…. Probably a good thing, since as you can see, I’m quite the Chatterbox! ;)

I’m excited to have found people that are so enthusiastic about eras in history that I’ve always had interest in but am only recently following up and learning more. I notice many styles of Historical Re-Creationists are sprinkled among y’all… I’ve been a student and re-creationist of Western European history (middle ages and renaissance) and I still am to some degree, but my attention has drifted towards the more recent Styles that I have always loved dearly. I hope to learn a great deal here, I hope to help others as much as possible, and I hope I don’t drive everyone nuts with my horribly long posts! Please, for sanity’s sake, edit down any quote you may want to respond to so folks don’t have to wade through all my babble more that necessary!

About ME? I'm a woman of very eclectic taste and interests, always have been. I've finally reached that age when one doesn't Ask my age... I'm about to have my 15th wedding anniversary with the most amazing Man I've ever met... only 2 flaws- he's tone deaf and has no sense of "Style". I don't mind that he prefers casual wear, Levi's 501s and a t-shirt are de rigeuer (baggy shorts in extreme heat), sheesh it could be worse. I figure I'm not doing so badly if the worst complaints I can come up with are things like leaving the toilet seat up :D . It's been a fantastic 16 years together, I'm the luckiest girl in the world!

I guess this is the best introduction I can muster at this late/early hour, and I hope a decent one. Again, I hope to post more often and perhaps even discover new friendships!

:cheers1:

~Juliana

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
“It’s 103 miles to Chicago, we’ve got a full tank of gas, half a pack of cigarettes, it’s dark outside and we’re wearing sunglasses.”
“Hit it.”

spim

New in Town
Hello,

N00b here coming out of a long lurker mode. I came for the hat info but have found sooooo much more that I'm interested in.

Be well,

~spim

A Reminder! COOL EVENTS! & A Really Cool One in NOVEMBER!!!!!

Please note! For all our newest members, in many areas around the US and around the globe, you'll find Fedora Loungers getting together for a variety of events. We list them in the EVENTS section :eusa_doh: which is worth taking a peek at regularly as there are quite a number going up each week. Some are little things and a handful will be there others can be an extensive group having fun.

This ones really cool especially if you're nearby in Southern California!
One event that happens every year is The Queen Mary Event in Long Beach California this November it is the weekend of the 21st thru the 23rd. In a way it's almost like a yearly convention and in the past people have traveled from around the globe to join us aboard the Queen Mary in Long Beach California. The thread for this event, if you'd like to read about the festivities aboard and those excursions to the nearby exotic locales, is at the top of the threads in the Events section as a "Sticky."

It's a fun time and if you can swing by just for part of a day or evening or stay the entire time, you'll have a blast with other like minded individuals.

Here is a link: http://www.thefedoralounge.com/showthread.php?t=33044

cynroux

Familiar Face
Hello, hello!

Hello Ladies!

I was so thrilled when my co-worker, fellow vintage enthusiast and occasional shopping partner pointed me in this direction...though part of me wants to pinch him for sharing such an addicting site.

I must say "thank you!" to all the girls for their great beauty and hair tips. That topic alone kept me busy reading on and off while I waited for my account to be activated.

Looking forward to sharing and vicariously shopping with you all. :D

Cheers,
Cyn

Fedora-in-a-Box

New in Town
New in Town...

Hello, this is my first introductive post. First of all thanks MK for letting me join this forum. I've been following it for a while but never actually registered. Some of you I already know from other forums, many others here are new to me of course. My first language is not English (although I'm quite good, how's that for some modesty?) and I have a brand new keyboard so forgive a few mistakes here and there.
A part from Indiana Jones gear collecting, I've always loved the Art Nouveau style (either in architecture, art, forniture... etc) and I like to collect vintage items when I have the chance to put my hands on them.
I've seen a thread with pictures of vintage decorated houses of some of you and I realised how many people do actually like this sort of things. I'm VERY far from anything like it, I have a few hats, some vintage items and a poster or two... and always looking for good old forniture which is harder and harder to come by.

As for the reason of my nickname... I have bought many hats (perhaps not as many as some of you but I'll get there eventually LOL) but I only have one head and not many occasions to wear them... so most of my hats stay (or "rest") in their boxes, sadly. So Fedora-In-A-Box lol

I didn't know if this was the right part of the forum where to introduce myself but feel free to move the thread to somewhere more appropriate if it's the case.
Nice to meet you all

Adelaide

New in Town
Hello Ladies!

I am very glad to be here and thankful for the Mother Lode of information on hair, makeup, clothing... Just everything! Wow! What a site!

Why did it take me so long to find it?

I've been collecting sewing patterns from off of ebay for years and wondering who all the ones I lost were going to. I think I've found my answer. ;)

So on to post on some of the sizzling threads that I could only read. Thank you Bartenders for validating my account.

And Away We Go! :p

CigarMan

One of the Regulars
Just Saying Hello . ..

Hello everyone, new to the group . . .just wanted to say hi and hope to learn more about the Golden Era. Look forward to chatting with you all.

Adelaide

New in Town
Hi All!

I love this site! Been lurking and reading and waiting for my account to be verified and finally, here I am! Yay!

Anyhow, by way of introduction...

Our small family has several works in progress, we have been working on our antebellum home for over a dozen years now. I have a wonderful, huge 40's kitchen with a little bit of new, not much. We have a small farm with tons of animals and I cook, bake, and preserve a lot of food.

My favorite era is the 1940's, with brief nods to the closer decades of the '30's and '50's. I sew my own clothes and have found eBay to be my very dear friend when shopping for authentic items.

I am considering selling my 'extra' vehicles and acquiring an old car, a daily driver. The oldest car I have ever owned to date was a 1956 Nash Metropolitan convertible. Mostly I have spent time in VW's of the sixties. I love older autos and will spend a good amount of time doing my own repairs if the weather is cooperative and I have the tools.

I am glad to make everyone's acquaintances and look forward to all of the catching up that I need to do here.

A.

Vegan_Kitty

New in Town
Hi Im new here :) I found this forum whilst searching for vintage things on google :)

My Name is Sarah, im 23 I live in London UK and im currently at university studying fashion Knitwear.
Im in my final year at uni and when I finish I really want to start up my own vintage inspired clothing line, with its own knitwear.

I have a love of all things vintage, the 40s/50s being my favorite.

I have so much stuff to share on here so hopefully Ill get to know all you lovely ladies a bit more.

Anyhow nice to meet you all.

Sarah :)

tempestbella42

One of the Regulars
hi everyone,
im not sure if i introduced myself in the powder room before will check in a mo!
i joined last yr but have lately had more acess to a pc so been more active!
Im in the UK, ive always been into the 1940s/50s style and cars.nowaday i collect and make up clothes from origonal patterns and i love to cook ( im a chef by trade, training to teach cooking and nutrition in further Ed now ).i love the whole look and music! i started wearing the clothes very young and the only time i didnt so much was when i was in the British Army, when i lost a lot of my feminity for a while, since leaving im putting that to rights and what betterway!
i found this sight though another forum, its great meeting people who have the same "passion" for the times when men were men and women whorshiped:)
i look forward to getting and swaping ideas,and getting hints from some of you lovely people out there :)

Subvet642

A-List Customer
Hi All,

I just found this site, and I love it! I'm from near Boston Mass. and I've always thought I was born in the wrong era. I collect and/or like hats (a few), fountain pens (about 40), absinthiana, old movies, art deco radios (1 vintage and 1 repro), watches (a 1932 Elgin blue star Deco case pocket and a much earlier key wind/key set pocket) old school cocktails and all things classic. My wife has her collections as well and is the perfect enabler/cohort. I am not an expert in any field, but I know more about some things and less about others, so I'm likely to have more questions than answers. A year and a half ago, we bought a condo in an old schoolhouse (circa 1921), and due to the clean, modernist lines of the place, we are going mostly Bauhaus, but with Deco, Craftsman and Prairie style (ya know, Frank Lloyd Wright) elements. This is a slow process, but we don't mind modern repros nor do we insist upon historical accuracy in them, as long as they "feel" right. I hope I haven't been too chatty. Thank you for your kind attention.

Irish_Rin

New in Town
I'm still quite the...... Lurker!

...Been a member maybe a week now.. and can't seem to find a reason to post. I spend most of my time on here drooling over the clothes... and wondering where to start.

Okay, that's not exactly true. I have many many "things" from the 1940's but it's really about the clothes for me and that is where I'm sorely lacking. What would the fella's here at work think if I didn't show up in jeans.

~Rin

Brinybay

Practically Family
Marzipan said:
I'm devoting this year to being the perfect stereotypical 50's housewife, curlers, girdle, and all.

Let's see how long I last.

Funny, I thought 50s housewives had perfect hair and makeup and wore jewelry. I'm confused! :confused:

200px-B_barb02.JPG

Akubra Man

One of the Regulars
Hi All ... I am new from Canada .. specifically in the middle of the country just a 40 minute drive south to the U.S. border at North Dakota living in Winnipeg, Manitoba. I have been hare a few weeks and amhappy to have found this forum. I came for the hats but have found and interest in things vintage now. My screen name pretty much sums up my main interest .. hats and Akubras in particular. I own 9 lids and all but three are Akubra the other 3 being Stetsons. The education I am receiving here is expanding my taste in hats to brims under three inches. I have trimmed down two and they are more traditional in style now. I picked the idea up here. So a big thanks for the tip.

Also, I enjoy vintage wristwatches and buy and sell the occasional few although I am no expert in this area. My favorites are Rolex Oysterdates and Datejusts from the 1950's and 1960's and really do not venture out of these decades. This is a fun place to hang out. Cheers :)

Brinybay

Practically Family
Bluebird said:
Hello! I tried posting here a few days ago, but for some reason it booted me out! So here I am again, crossing my fingers this works. :eusa_doh:

^_^bluebird

I've noticed that FL doesn't give you a lot of time to compose a post before it kicks you out.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
R_P_Meldner