Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

New Ladies and Gents Step Forward

Ordinary Guy

One Too Many
Hello to all, I always wanted to wear a proper hat but didn't know anything about them .....

I like watching the old time movies and always noticed how all men wore hats..

I did some internet searching on why we didn't do this anymore and found this place and Viola, we do DO THIS.....

With lurking here for quite a few months, I decided it was time to take the plunge, join the site and get some hats.

I find myself delving deeper in the vintage era and liking it.

My wife has always liked the vintage era and now we both share the same interests....

Starting my Fedora collection of hats and collecting nice compliments from many strangers and some friends too......

Thanks for having such a nice place to gather and meet new friends.....

Harry

Emer

One of the Regulars
New as of today!

Hi, I've been a lurker for a while and finally signed up! My name is Amber, but everyone calles me Emer (like Emerald). I'm into the 1940s-WWII-era. In college I took a WWII history class that forever changed my life. My husband is in the military and we spend a lot of time bouncing from place to place (getting ready to move again in 2 weeks)!
Can't wait to get to know some of you ladies!

Marzipan

One of the Regulars
Welcome to all the new ladies!!! I haven't been here too long but love it already! I'm sure you will too... super supportive group!:)

Slide Rule User

New in Town
Greetings.
Just registered to say thanks to Bartender PADDY for a helpful post that turned up in a google search (I'll do that in "Outerwear"). But this lounge looks like one of few nuggets in a field of Internet rubble; such interesting, genteel discourse. So thanks also to mk, Bartenders, Moderators, and members.

I was going to say you attract the best people, but I prefer to think you bring out the best in us (as in the Fitzgerald quote in Bartender scotrace's posts).

I think the Golden Era spans pre-stone to past-space, but you have singled out one of the more productive Mother-Loads.

Caity Lynn

Practically Family
Heya, well I'm new to the forum. I'm 16, and not very well versed in matters before my time, but am genuinely fascinated by the fashions and times. I really don't dress vintage or retro, just usual jeans and such.But I do enjoy dressing up. (blame it on my theatre geekiness) So I try to do certain hairstyles etc. just for fun. I LOVE old movies I wish times hadn't changed as they have.I guess thats it...See ya around!
Caity

Emer

One of the Regulars
Quickly becoming the problem child...

I'm Emer, just joined a couple days ago! I'm having some issues learning my way around the boards and am having a lot of my threads merged and moved. :eek: So if I'm in the wrong place with the wrong topic, I'm sorry! Please be patient with me! :eusa_doh:

Caity Lynn

Practically Family
I posted a hello in the Observatory, but thought I should say something in here as well...I'm Caity. I'm interested in pretty much ALL historical fashion, from Ren to the 70's. But I love the golden era more than the rest..it had such character.I don't dress vintage or retro unfortunately, but on occasion do like to play with the hair or makeup. So I'll be seeing you all around, and hope I don't make too many mistakes being a newbie here and all.
Au Revior
Caity

vintage_bel

New in Town
Hi,

I am fascinated by all the people on this site, you are all amazing. I'm so excited to finally find a place where I can indulge my favorite things

I'm from Sydney and have always loved vintage (especially the fifties).

I'm a music teacher and I blame being brought up on Rodgers and Hammerstein for that (my favourite of all time is Seven Brides for Seven Brothers - and Howard Keel)!

I have not really found many places in Sydney where one can discuss all things wonderful! I have attended the Fifties Fair at Rose Seidler House and can say it was the best day of my life!!!

I really look forward to meeting you all,

Bel

vintage_bel

New in Town
Evening Ladies (it's cocktail hour in my apartment on a Friday),

I have enjoyed reading theses discussion and wanted to join in! I wanted to wait until my uni was over for the semester otherwise would never have gotten my assignments done.

Marzipan - I love your blog. I check so often I feel like a stalker! I would love to do what you are doing except I'm too impatient.

Cheers

Plus-Four

New in Town
Hello

Good day to you all, Ladies and Gentlemen.

I am here for a few days, and i’m pleased to be here.
I am Taco (odd name) , living the Netherlands, 43 years old, and together with my wife we are running a business in roof tiles.
It started a long time ago with some farm tractors and stationary engines (and a gas pump). But neither of them were running, later i had not the time to restore them. So i sold the hole lot. (not the gas pump) But I needed somewhat to ‘drive with’.
We bought a 1928 Buick, and later a 1968 MG Midget for my wife. So we came on Vintage Clothing.
Looking for books, pictures, old photographs, and of course vintage clothing itself.
And then we found the Fedora Lounge. A lot of links, a lot of photographs, nice helpful people, and so on. Everything at one spot. I love it. My wife too, i can say. She bought a flapper dress. Today we went in town, for looking after some nice fabrics. Because my wife will make her own gowns. (and the rest)
I am glad to get in contact with nice people here, it is nice to meet thou.

(i have to work on my Englisch, i know. Have mercy)

Plus Four.

arthur

Suspended
Hello my name is Arthur and your with me now
untitledhenry.jpg

charliecoco

New in Town
Hello there

Hi I'm Charlie. I'm from England. I've always had thing about vintage - I love the elegance of bygone eras and always have. I have always dressed in vintage although I don't knowingly seek it out - it's just always been my style. Love the old films predictably - Casablanca and Brief Encounter and Hitchcock's Rebecca. Sorry not very original! Books - I read everything but predictably I go for bye gone classics: just finished Brideshead Revisted. I have fairly eclectic musical tastes but of relevance here is my penchant for Peggy Lee. Glad to be here.

sirnerd

New in Town
Greetings

Very happy to find this lounge and meet you. I've been "Golden Era Challenged" for too long. With tastes that lean toward fur-trapper/mountain man, but a Lady that would appreciate a Cary Grant look, it's time to polish off some rough edges and meet her half-way.
Maybe something along the line of an English/Irish country gentleman. I quite like wool for men and often ask my Lady to wait a moment in an antique store while I admire a fine hat; handmade in some small Irish village.

You certainly provide enough information; just have to do my part. Thank you so much.

charliecoco

New in Town
I posted in the Observation Bar but thought I should post here as well.
Hi I'm Charlie. I'm from England. I've always had thing about vintage - I love the elegance of bygone eras and always have. I have always dressed in vintage although I don't knowingly seek it out - it's just always been my style. Recently found myself the proud owner of a Pashley Princess bicycle too to get around in style. Love the old films predictably - Casablanca and Brief Encounter and Hitchcock's Rebecca. Sorry not very original! Books - I read everything but predictably I go for bygone classics: just finished Brideshead Revisted. I have fairly eclectic musical tastes but of relevance here is my penchant for Peggy Lee. Glad to be here.

Trix

New in Town
Hello all.

I've been lurking for a week or two before posting - so that I can *try* not to make a fool of myself too quickly ;) - and it seems appropriate to rear my head here first.

Pleased to make your acquaintances :)

Vintage Verve

New in Town
Well hello there!

Hello Ladies

I have been lurking here a little while but thought I'd jump on in as you all have such great experience and opinions - and I have LOADS of questions :eek:

I am based in Melbourne, Australia, and have just started my own little blogg about where I find inspiration and examples of my own eclectic style. I favour the style eras of the early 20th century, am adicted to shoes (but who isn't?) and love to hunt for bargains.

I am a modern size 14 (that's around a 10 in US sizing) which means it is often a bit of a challenge to find genuine vintage that fits (I rely heavily on reproductions), but I do dream of posessing a 26" waist. If only I could say no to cheese, chocolate and champagne.... lol ...as if!

I look forward to getting to know some of you inspirational gals a little better here.

x VV

Lily Powers

Practically Family
I've lurked so long and been completely enthralled with this whole group of wonderful people who love vintage just as I do and who seem to genuinely encourage each other's passions. For no tangible reason, I'm drawn to the past... I almost long for an excursion to the early 1930's when people talked on the porch, said "gee" and "swell," and when a boy kissed you it was because he loved you and wanted to marry you. So, hello to everyone and Viva la Vintage!:)

Cleery

New in Town
How Do You Do

I am pleased to be signed up on the boards. I found the Fedora Lounge while looking for info on Classic Style magazine for my man. I have greatly lurked since then. I love vintage fashion and style and my favorite periods are the Edwardian Era and the 1940s, but I pretty much like it all from the Victorian period-1950s. I am also a fan of burlesque.
Otherwise, I'm a librarian, middle forties, recently married to the love of my life, with three cats and a daschund. I love to read, bake, belly dance for exercise, antique shop and spend time with my family and friends.
I have a blog at http://cleerysalley.blogspot.com/
I look forward to geeting to know you all!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
aronhoustongy