Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

New Ladies and Gents Step Forward

JennyLou

Practically Family
Hi

Hi. I just want to introduce myself. My name is Jennifer Sison. I have been reading post on the Fedora Lounge for many years. I was finally able to overcome my extreme shyness and finally join. Now this is my first post. I just want to say hi and I think that everyone here is wonderful and that this is the place where I get my inspiration from. Thanks
~JennyLou

JennyLou

Practically Family
An Introduction

Hi, my name is Jennifer Sison and I am from Southern California. I have been reading post here for years but I was just too shy to joing and post. I have finally put my fears aside and joined and started posting.

I have loved the Golden Era since I was little. I've been listening to swing and watching classic movies since I was young. It has been only 3 years since I started attempting to imitate that era in my daily life. I'm not very good at it but this lounge has greatly helped me get started. I am currently a history major and volunteer at the Monrovia Historical Museum and the American Military Museum. I hope to get into reenacting in the near future. I can't wait to hear from you guys and maybe even get to know some of you.

P.S. I'm also a big Star Trek fan so if there are any fellow Trekkies in the lounge, hello!

swingkitten85

Familiar Face
Hello Ladies! I've been lurking on this board for some months, but have finally decided to join in the fun and discussions (rather than just read!).

I know some of you already from your blogs, but for those that don't know me... My name is Casey, I'm 23, married to my wonderful Sailor Husband, and live in Florida. I have had a fascination with past fashions for as long as I can remember; I was brought up on a diet of classic films from the 30s through 60s, so it just seemed natural to me to become interested in dressing the part! I must say, I'm much more comfortable in my vintage and vintage-inspired outfits than I am something I buy that is trendy.

My favorite era fashion-wise is definitely the 1940s, hands down. Although I do enjoy a good 50s dress and net petticoat! My style icons are women like Lauren Bacall, Rita Hayworth, and Claire McCardell. :)

Anyway, not to get too long winded! Thank you all for sharing all your wisdom and knowledge of vintage styles on this board! :)

Inky

One Too Many
JennyLou said:
Hi. I just want to introduce myself. My name is Jennifer Sison. I have been reading post on the Fedora Lounge for many years. I was finally able to overcome my extreme shyness and finally join. Now this is my first post. I just want to say hi and I think that everyone here is wonderful and that this is the place where I get my inspiration from. Thanks
~JennyLou

Hi JennyLou and welcome to the Lounge - don't be shy and step right up!

Fedord Spaniard

One of the Regulars
JennyLou said:
Hi, my name is Jennifer Sison and I am from Southern California. I have been reading post here for years but I was just too shy to joing and post. I have finally put my fears aside and joined and started posting.

I have loved the Golden Era since I was little. I've been listening to swing and watching classic movies since I was young. It has been only 3 years since I started attempting to imitate that era in my daily life. I'm not very good at it but this lounge has greatly helped me get started. I am currently a history major and volunteer at the Monrovia Historical Museum and the American Military Museum. I hope to get into reenacting in the near future. I can't wait to hear from you guys and maybe even get to know some of you.

P.S. I'm also a big Star Trek fan so if there are any fellow Trekkies in the lounge, hello!

Hello Jennifer, and welcome to the lounge.:) You dont have to feel shy as im sure that you already know, but you will find all kinds of people on here that share some of your interests. Youre a Trekkie huh, thats cool :) ive seen a few Trekkies around the forum. I like the original 60s Star Trek but im a Star Wars guy instead.:D Welcome to the lounge and i hope you enjoy your stay.

JennyLou

Practically Family
Fedord Spaniard said:
Hello Jennifer, and welcome to the lounge.:) You dont have to feel shy as im sure that you already know, but you will find all kinds of people on here that share some of your interests. Youre a Trekkie huh, thats cool :) ive seen a few Trekkies around the forum. I like the original 60s Star Trek but im a Star Wars guy instead.:D Welcome to the lounge and i hope you enjoy your stay.

Thank you Fedord Spaniard. I feel so welcomed.

the_milliner

New in Town
the_milliner: new gal in town

Hi Ladies! I am a bespoke and couture milliner based in Chicago. A friend suggested I join the Fedora Lounge to meet other like-minded, hat loving individuals! Good to meet you!

I make hats because I love them. Happy to have the forum to advocate hats on heads, so thank you to Fedora Lounge and those of you who post here.

I make vintage-inspired couture head wear selling directly to clients on my website, in local boutiques and also collaborate with designers for the runway.

Please friend me on MySpace and Facebook (as Tonya Gross Millinery) and on Twitter (as tonyagmillinery) or drop me an email.

Best to you all! tonya aka "the_milliner"

Trebuchet64_Fal

Familiar Face
Hello all,
Im married with 2 children and 2 dogs , i have an interest in most things of bygone eras particularly cars and hats, i have a small colection of hats ,inc Dobbs , Wormser , Akubra ,Cavanagh ,
i am in the process of rebuilding a 1964 Ford Falcon Coupe (australian version),i live in country Victoria Australia ,and am very glad to have found the Fedora lounge and enjoy reading your posts, Cheers Everyone, Peter.

Lorelai99

One of the Regulars
Welcome!

swingkitten85 said:
Hello Ladies! I've been lurking on this board for some months, but have finally decided to join in the fun and discussions (rather than just read!).

I know some of you already from your blogs, but for those that don't know me... My name is Casey, I'm 23, married to my wonderful Sailor Husband, and live in Florida. I have had a fascination with past fashions for as long as I can remember; I was brought up on a diet of classic films from the 30s through 60s, so it just seemed natural to me to become interested in dressing the part! I must say, I'm much more comfortable in my vintage and vintage-inspired outfits than I am something I buy that is trendy.

My favorite era fashion-wise is definitely the 1940s, hands down. Although I do enjoy a good 50s dress and net petticoat! My style icons are women like Lauren Bacall, Rita Hayworth, and Claire McCardell. :)

Anyway, not to get too long winded! Thank you all for sharing all your wisdom and knowledge of vintage styles on this board! :)

Welcome. I love your videos and blogs, I actually just found them this past weekend!

Benedictine

New in Town
Introducing Myself

Hallo To Everyone,

My name is Benedictine, 43, Canadian (living and working stateside), a University Administrator by profession. I was seeking information on men's hats when I stumbled across this site, much to my delight! What a great find. I do hope to fit in well and contribute positively to these forums. Please be assured of my constant respect of others and the acknowledged fact that I am not always right!

Personally, I am happily married (18 years) to a beautiful woman from the Philippine Islands, and together we have two teenage daughters. I am also studying to be a deacon in the Roman Catholic Church. I love ale and beer very much and enjoy trying out all kinds. I also love football and enjoy following the political situation back home in Canada (keeping in mind the note about politics on the board!).

Throughout my life I have always held it to be very important to look my best and carry myself well. In my view, nothing says this more than that classic period of the 1930's and 1940's, where men were gentlemen, women were ladies, and fashion meant something. How you presented and carried yourself meant everything, for it showed that you were raised right, with manners, elegance, and dignityl. I was raised like this by my father, never forgetting what I was taught. I hope I've been able to pass this on to my daughters and others with whom I come in contact.

Once again, I am very glad to be here and look forward to contributing to this site.

Hat Chick

New in Town
lurker unearthed

Greetings All!
I've been reading threads and archives for what seems like forever now, but it seemed polite to finally introduce myself. My name is Juliana, I answer to just about any nickname, and my love of vintage has waxed and waned over my 39 years... I'm in a "classic" sort of mood lately and am LOVING this place. :) My hat collection is predominantly modern with a few real gems, my wardrobe mirrors this, and my makeup/hair is evolving into something more historical as my tastes are evolving. This might be too much information or not enough... One thing about mr never changes: I talk a LOT!

I look forward to getting to know y'all. You seem like a great bunch of people.

((snug))

Jules

Hat Chick

New in Town
Un-lurking now!

Greetings All!~

I've been reading older topics and archives for a while now, and occasionally getting up-to-date on newer posts too. Just figured it was time to out myself as a fan and say hello to you all. :)

I'm originally from S. F. But I've been here in Sacramento for years now. My husband is a fantastic guy, even if all he wears is t-shirts and Levi's 501s. He is wanting a fedora now though, so there's still hope! We've been together for almost 17 happy years and looking forward to the rest of our lives together. We're not super vintage, but we both prefer things that possess character, and I've been getting more and more into the Look... from setting my hair to splurging on fun makeup. My interest in things vintage has waxed and waned over my 39 years and it is definitely growing stronger of late.

As is obvious, I talk way too much. I just hope to continue learning from all of you and be helpful when I can.

* hug*
~Juliana

macollins

New in Town
Hi, my name's Melissa. I joined a couple days ago after awhile of just reading the threads for advice. My favorite eras are the '40s and the '50s. I was inspired to dress vintage because of my interest in WWII and rockabilly music. On Valentine's day when I was 16 I thought I'd dress up and be glamorous. I instantly thought, the 1950s! My mother, who is an excellent seamstress, made me a circle skirt and I wore a cardigan that was my great-grandmother's. For three years from that day I've been wearing vintage and VI clothes and intend to for the rest of my life!

Daisy

New in Town
Matching clothing to cars

Hello. I've just found your site and I'm enjoying the discussions. I'm a former costume mistress who enjoys sewing and has belonged to reenactment groups before. Currently diving into "modern" vintage in order to find clothing to match our vintage Triumphs. My other hobbies include knitting (who am I kidding, it's my life) and searching for vintage knitting patterns.

*martini*time*

A-List Customer
Hi! I'm martini time...also known as Miss Bailey. I'm really new here but have been lurking around the lounge for a bit now...i admire all you lovely ladies (and lads!) that post the most amazing pictures! I'm really more of a 50's gal myself...but with a military man...i'm getting more into the 40's era of things. I can't wait to look around on here a bit more!

MissLemmon

New in Town
New Here

I am very new here so am trying to get my bearings, where is what, who is who, getting used to the format, etc.

My name is Elizabeth, AKA MissLemmon, I love Post WWI and WWII Popular Culture and Literature. I am the last of eight children, my mom was born in the late 1920's, and got to hear so many stories about her generation, guess thats why I love these eras so much.

I enjoy sewing, reading, everything that is vintage. Found "The Fedora Lounge" through a few friends on Live Journal and from a few bookmarks on "Delicious."

So here I am.

MissLemmon

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
R_P_Meldner