Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

New Ladies and Gents Step Forward

I<3Tiki

New in Town
Hello, everyone! :) Of, course, I'm new here, too. I don't even remember what I was looking for when I stumbled across this site, but as I love all sorts of fashion, makeup, hair, etc. as well as old movies and such, I decided to join. I had always wondered how ladies used to create those fancy hairstyles and now I'm excited to be learning and trying them out myself ;-)

As for a little bit about me, I am 29 and married (2 years now - no kids yet). I have been living in the Orlando area for about 7 years now but I am originally from a small town in northern Ohio.

Anyway, thanks for all of the valuable info that is already here and I look forward "meeting" everyone! :D

DivineDecadence

New in Town
Hello all,
I've already posted once in the Beauty forum but I thought I'd formally introduce myself here. I am a 24 year old burgeoning hair stylist from the Dallas/Fort Worth area. I love various aspects of all the decades that comprise the Golden Era. The decadence of the 20s, the films of the 30s, the utterly feminine fashions of the 40s, the sweet rides of the 50s and the spirit of change and possibility of the 60s. There's so much more than that but it's a start. I also love the Regency/Victorian/Edwardian eras. I pretty much love history (I think that's pretty obvious by my participation in the Lounge). I don't have a very vintage wardrobe at the moment (I'm what MySpace calls "More to Love" and until I learn how to sew, I'll have to keep on staring longingly at the amazing vintage pieces on eBay and various other vintage sites :() but if all goes according to plan (muahahahaha!) then I will soon enough :D Anyway, that's enough for now. Feel free to shoot me a message if you'd like to know more. Ciao :cool:

Professor

A-List Customer
Uff Da said:
I'm Ryan from Seattle. I love The Lounge and visit it every day. I haven't posted too much, but I plan to change that. I initially became interested in vintage culture when I was about 18 and started to listen to almost nothing but swing music. Being a teenager though, my interests changed, and I all but forgot how amazingly cool this culture is.

This changed a few months ago w/ the purchase of my first vintage 1940s suit. It truly rekindled my love for vintage culture and I couldn't be happier.

Like many people here at The Lounge, I also do WWII living history. I have a German Infantry Soldier impression put together. WWII is something I've been fascinated with since high school, so I find it magical to attempt to relive that time period. In fact, you could say I absolutely love the 1940s and everything about it. Of course I also love the 20s, 30s, & 50s as well.

It's nice to correspond w/ like-minded people. I look forward to great company. Thanks! :)
Gotta say, I love your screen name! Hurra! :eusa_clap

Claireg

One of the Regulars
Hi Jetgirl

Thanks for that!
Yeah its a great place to be - a bit cold though, i am looking forward to wearing all my summer vintage clothes but the wind is too cold at the moment!

Lady Day

I'll Lock Up
Bartender
Welcome ladies!

Its wonderful to see so many international gals. AND just as awesome to see more from right here in the USofA :)
Please take a look at the FAQ as a starting point, and dont forget to post in Beauty. Plus, there are some great things outside the ladies' rooms. We encourage you to look all over the Lounge.

We LUV pictures.
If you have any questions or concerns, please dont hesitate to contact LizzieMaine or myself.

The newest member must bring cookies for everyone ;)

LD

simmonsgc

Familiar Face
Hi!

Hello All...another new guy here. I teach music at a university, perform in a duo with my wife (guitar and violin), and also train colleagues to teach courses online in the amazing 21st century. Long time reader at the Lounge, and a long time admirer of a fine hat. Looking forward to contributing to the discussions here in whatever way I can.

GC

Frankly Scarlet

New in Town
Hello and buenas noches!

I've been lurking for so long but not been able to join until now! I love this blog and everybody in here is deeply interesting.

I'm 26, married, and live in a little town near Barcelona, in Spain. English is my third language so please excuse me beforehand for any mistake I might make.
I'm a historian and a gender equality officer, but right now I'm working as a teacher.

My love for everything vintage comes from my historian side and obsession, apart from the fact that I don't feel I belong to this era, a feeling, as far as I've been able to observe, that is shared by many members. I'm thankful for having found this place, where I know one can't be blamed for "taking history too much seriously". I hope I can contribute with my "spanish view of the 30s/40s/50s because it's so different from the other countries that I think deserves some attention too (I can't help it).

Thanks for your time!

Lady Naiad

New in Town
Hello all.

I am quite new here and have recently been spending a lot of time browsing, reading, and wanting to try new tutorials. I was sent here by a lady who saw a picture of my recent attempt at vintage inspired hair (a picture of which I believe you should be able to see to the left).

I am a senior in college and for quite some time I have admired things of previous times - when life was a little more classy. Most of my jackets are vintage finds from thrift stores, but I am just now becoming interested in things beyond that.

I must say, these boards are fantastic and much thanks to all who offer so many ideas and advice here. I'm looking forward to lots of good posts. :)

-Sarah

Welcome to all of our newest members! You've come to a pretty fun place that will educate and entertain. One thing I like to point out is there are a lot of sections to go to here so step out of your main area of concentration now and again to see what's going on.

I would like to make a pitch for the Events section. I suggest a weekly glance or maybe a little more often. If you are not in some isolated backwater area, you may see something posted that's not too far away and have a chance to meet your fellow Loungers. Certain areas are hotbeds of activity such as Southern California and the Los Angeles area, where there seems to be almost weekly events, while other areas may have a once a year gathering.

Feel free to post an event in the section if you feel it's of interest. While a vintage theme is great, sometimes it can be that a contigent of Loungers may bring the vintage to the event. Remember though to try to put the What Where and When in the TITLE, it helps when perusing the section! Follow most of the rules as to how to write an invitation plus the other info such as ticket prices if it's a piggy back on another event. You can even post a link to their event info website to help the reader.

I try to hold one or two BBQ's per year at my house to invote new local members to a "stress free" first time meet up so people can be relaxed and just have a good time. (BBQ's are not a stressful event except for the BBQer.) We also like to think that the LA group seems especially good at having a good time.

Best wishes to you all and we hope you'll get to know others here.

John in Covina

Wolfen

One of the Regulars
Hello all. I'm new to the Lounge. I hail from Belfast in Northern Ireland but currently reside in Utah in the USA. Stumbled across the forum when Googling pencil mustaches (as I am trying to grow one). Its great to see so many people who appreciate the finer things in life. Spent a few days browsing and decided to join up.

icemanxxxv

Familiar Face
New Member Here!

Icemanxxxv the name been lurking here fro a few days while waiting in the queue for authorization.
Anyways I found this site from a referral from Badger and Blade. I'm interested in vintage clothing and hats. So far in my collection I scored a London Fog Grey and Black wool Herringbone Over coat 12 bucks at a thrift store and a Newsboy cap for a penny on the bay.
Anyways I look forward to hanging with the Cats and Kitties here and learning a few things about the Style!

Big_e

Practically Family
Hello!
Ernest here. In search for the perfect cap I began shopping at Brixton . I found a great cap (the hooligan in my avatar) and plan to pick up a few more. I was showing it off in a bicycle forum and a member referred me to this site. I've really enjoyed looking at all the hats here especially the Dallas Police Hats thread.

I watched the PBS documentary on the Kennedy Assasination and noted that everybody either wore somekind of Stetson or a newsboy cap back then.

At any rate, I need to began collecting vintage caps since the one cap I do own is modern and seems out of place here. Once again hellos to all and hope to start posting some hats soon.
Ernest

Picture111.jpg

Angelus

New in Town
Hi everyone!

Stumbled upon this wonderful forum searching for vintage clothing. Can`t wait to explore and find out more.

See you around.

simmonsgc

Familiar Face
Welcome!

Welcome to the newest 4 members....at least I'm not the "newest" guy anymore! This is a great community; I have found that the pettiness, childishness, and immaturity that is so often present in online forums is, for the most part, thankfully absent here. I've been spending my first week surfin' around, adding comments here and there, trying to get the magic "15" posts so that full privs are granted, like viewing profiles, being able to PM, etc.

Again, welcome and have fun. I have been!

GS

Miss_Becky

Familiar Face
Hello Ladies of The Fedora Lounge!

I am so excited to finally be a part of this forum. I too have been a lurker for FAR too long :eusa_doh:

I have admiration for all of you ladies on here. You are all so talented and sweet! I can't wait to contribute to the community!

A little about myself. I've been a lover of all things historical for pretty much all of my life. I remember as a child rummaging through my grandparents nick nacks and photos, and I could sit for hours looking through it all and putting together their stories. Boring for most, but awesome for me.
I loved history class and learning about the past.

I went to school for Fashion Design and Pattern Making. Mainly because I wanted to learn how to recreate the vintage styles that I love accurately and period correct. I am partial to the mid 1930's up to the late 1940's fashions, furnishings, photos, and architecture. But I get excited about the 20's and 50's as well.

I just want to say a big HELLO to all the ladies in the Powder Room! And a special HELLO to the moderators LizzieMaine and Lady Day!

xoxo
Miss Becky

simmonsgc said:
I've been spending my first week surfin' around, adding comments here and there, trying to get the magic "15" posts so that full privs are granted, like viewing profiles, being able to PM, etc. GS

While you're now past the magic number, it's a good reminder that your priviledges open up with PM private messages at 15. For those looking to reach the 15, remember that you don't need to post a college dissertation, "Nice hat!" or "Cool Picture" counts as a post

I would also like to remind you that the PM center only holds so many messages so it's good to delete as you go because if you're full you won't get that all important PM. I have always found it surprising how many people have full mailboxes and I can't reach them.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
aronhoustongy