Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Northwest Hats, Eugene, Ore.

Here's mine taken before but I'll be getting it back out again real soon.

2w4z0nb.jpg

And one of my favorite pics showing the depth of the crease.

30atb45.jpg

FedOregon

I'll Lock Up
I'm looking at a fedora in Pecan, 5-1/2" open crown (but finished with a teardrop crease) with dark brown ribbon, 2-5/8" x 2-1/2" dimensional brim and matching bound edge... or raw edge, I can't decide!

When I headed down there I was not planning on a Pecan hat. But I saw one in person Mike is working on and the pecan has notes of gray, blue, and brown all mixed in. A great covers-all-bases beaver felt.

One day, I'd like to get a real special hat in silverbelly or bone with either a navy or burgundy ribbon with a small highlight in contrasting burgundy or navy, respectively. Maybe done with the long hair finish.

Bob Roberts

I'll Lock Up
I'm looking at a fedora in Pecan, 5-1/2" open crown (but finished with a teardrop crease) with dark brown ribbon, 2-5/8" x 2-1/2" dimensional brim and matching bound edge... or raw edge, I can't decide!

When I headed down there I was not planning on a Pecan hat. But I saw one in person Mike is working on and the pecan has notes of gray, blue, and brown all mixed in. A great covers-all-bases beaver felt.

One day, I'd like to get a real special hat in silverbelly or bone with either a navy or burgundy ribbon with a small highlight in contrasting burgundy or navy, respectively. Maybe done with the long hair finish.
Sounds nice. I like a dimensional with a raw edge. Its a bit more of a relaxed look with a casual edge.

Mike made me a Pecan fedora that I love. It has a teardrop crease (about a 5 1/2" open) and a mid brown ribbon. I think he called the ribbon colour "kangaroo".
Mine has a raw edge brim in a standard 2 1/2" width. I lean strongly towards raw edge....not sure why but I do.

That is my hat! It is supposed to be in the finishing stages right now. Heading down on my day off (Wed), hoping to come home with it. I went with a bound edge, about the same other dimensions.

FedOregon

I'll Lock Up
That's the hat! All that's left to do is to sew in the silk liner. I looked it over, and I was sold! I think you're going to love it.
But that camel number Mike's daughter helped with is a beauty, too...

FedOregon

I'll Lock Up
Hey, that's awesome! You know I picked pecan because of your hat! I didn't know it was a Rose Bowl hat when I saw it there. That's really something. I can't wait for mine. :)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
R_P_Meldner