Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

*Outdoor pics* New Highwayman arrived today!

jenkins

New in Town
Hi Griff,

I'm new, busy reading posts before ordering from Aero in Scottland.
The fit on your pics is what I'm looking for in sizing, can you help me with the following details, so I can put together my concept for a higwayman:
how tall are you
(what's your weight, please ignore if you find this one embarassing, obviously you shouldn't)
chest, stomach, waist measures

and I see you added 2,5-3 inches to body length of the jacket, which is standard size 38, is that right?

thanks!

GriffDeLaGriff

One Too Many
Hi Griff,

I'm new, busy reading posts before ordering from Aero in Scottland.
The fit on your pics is what I'm looking for in sizing, can you help me with the following details, so I can put together my concept for a higwayman:
how tall are you
(what's your weight, please ignore if you find this one embarassing, obviously you shouldn't)
chest, stomach, waist measures

and I see you added 2,5-3 inches to body length of the jacket, which is standard size 38, is that right?

thanks!

Hi.

My measurements at that time were:
Height - 179cm
Chest relaxed - 97cm
Chest expanded (Breathe in) - 99cm
Waist - 95cm
Stomach - 91cm

To get it in inches you gotta subtract with 2.54 like this: Stomach 91 / 2.54 = 35.8"

I think my weight were about 75kilo at the time, but this says nothing because muscel weights more then fat so just look at the physique instead, i got som enatural muscles but i dont work out and I like good food so a slight pot-tummy.

About the length.....I actually had another jacket that were too short and the +3" is a measurement added from that old jacket so it has nothing to do with a standard length. I dont even know the standard length for a size 38 but i suspect mine is close to standard. I could measure it for you.

Also, i believe this cut works for me because Im not tapered. My shoulders are "broad" but I dont have much or any taper from under the arms to the hips so this square shape kinda fits me. If you have small hips then it will fit looser in the bottom area. You always have the straps tho.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Grateful Fred