Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Pictured: Thedi Leathers shawl-collar cognac buffalo hide jacket

Sir Jacket

Practically Family
Loungers: my latest trophy. I now pretty much only bag a jacket if there is travel involved. A trip to the mellow seaside city of Thessaloniki yielded this number, after a fitting and a three-month or so wait, from the very skilled Theodoros, of the eponymous Thedi Leathers.

I also picked up one of Thedi's chunky and distinctive belts (not pictured).

Things to note about this jacket:

- The buffalo hide was as stiff as buggery when I got it; I bruised my fingers trying to button it up and at one point was, absurdly, stuck in the thing as if in a straitjacket. A bit of HWT and wear later, it's much more pliant.
- Hide has a drier, less waxy feel than Horween FQHH. At the moment, this thing could stop a bullet or – more likely around these parts – a knife. But the jacket should age very nicely, becoming softer and developing lots of creases and folds. The cognac (or chestnut) colour should darken overall and develop a lovely, rich patina. Like a lovely old cognac, in fact.
- The fit is superb and skin-like, as you'd expect with a custom fit. My, it is tight, though! Thedi realises, I think, that these vintage jackets just don't work with a dreaded slouchy fit. Better watch that gut (or just don't do the jacket up).
- It doesn't have cinch belts, to speak of. Great! I don't like the sort of hour-glass shape they create and the folds of wasted leather at the sides. This sucker feels more like some kind of fencing outfit.
- There are two zipped inner gun pockets with – a welcome but curiously slightly nerdy touch – pen slots.
- The lining is a light wool.
- Quality is easily as good as other top quality vintage repro competitors.
- It's a keeper.

IMG_1369.JPG

IMG_1370.jpg

View attachment 71246
View attachment 71247
IMG_1371.JPG

IMG_1372.jpeg

IMG_1373.jpeg

IMG_1374.jpeg

IMG_1375.jpeg

IMG_1376.jpeg

Last edited:

bn1966

My Mail is Forwarded Here
Smashing Jacket & Pics :) Thessaloniki!!! Drove down to Eastmans last week & thought that was dedication to the jacket cause......

I wish I knew about Thedi leathers when my motorcycle was still working and when my friends still felt like going anywhere at all... I've been to Greece twice on a road trip but had no clue of it. Meteora monasteries were one of the most beautiful sights I've ever seen. That jacket is something else. It's absolutely, insanely beautiful.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
R_P_Meldner