Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Planning a Diamond Dave Beck 333

Pdxgeo

A-List Customer
Specs confirm that these are short. To be clear I am looking for a size 36 or so. The a2 is a lost worlds 36.

Blackadder

My Mail is Forwarded Here
Specs confirm that these are short. To be clear I am looking for a size 36 or so. The a2 is a lost worlds 36.
Agree with HD about measuring your favorite jacket, preferably a similar style jacket in stead of your A-2.

3d-doctor

New in Town
Just to chime in on the jacket length
I am in process of ordering a 333 from Dave with a view to pairing it with some Beck breeches I picked up off ebay recently.
The breeches are high waisted - i.e. the waistband being at navel height and if as I gather he design is prewar I'd want this for the period cycle style I use (or 90's big hair rock video - way back then)
His dimension sheet does not cover a back length - I was looking for accuracy aside from one custom fastener to put muton collar in also down the road so I guess I will be happy when it shows up

Pdxgeo

A-List Customer
By his dimension sheet do you mean his measuring instructions? I thought it was odd that no length or shoulder measurements were needed and hoping those will be discussed when it comes to my specific jacket. Thanks for the info. I know its going to be amazing so am not feeling concern just anticipation...

Pdxgeo

A-List Customer
Dave recently posted pics of a 333 in goat on his FB page. Gorgeous! Even more excited about the choice.

Excitement over hides and styles certainly affects us all, but fit should always remain a most crucial top priority, IMO. Mistakes can be devastating no matter how desperately we may try to fit into them after the fact.

Pdxgeo

A-List Customer
Oh yes I know the fit I want. I understand the measurements i need and will relay to DD when my turn comes.

Pdxgeo

A-List Customer
So I've made the decisions about the leather and hardware. I will be going with the lighter color Goat as seen on this beauty...
https://www.facebook.com/DiamondCap...0.1459824310./577942609024501/?type=3&theater
with all brass hardware including a vintage zipper Dave has. We still haven't worked out sizing but I have a very good idea of what Im after. I tried on several Schott jackets this weekend paying particular attention to length and shoulder width...

Pdxgeo

A-List Customer
I think my turn is getting near! I am now planning the Beck in the "new" to Dave seal brown Goatskin. Like this example here. I am very interested in having a detachable Mouton collar made for it. Anyone know where I might have this done? Thurston will only do their own jackets understandably.

Anyone? Thanks
27812825440_bb80d6a5c9_b.jpg

Attachments

• 1_IMG_1015-2.jpg
    1_IMG_1015-2.jpg
    799.4 KB · Views: 426
I think my turn is getting near! I am now planning the Beck in the "new" to Dave seal brown Goatskin. Like this example here. I am very interested in having a detachable Mouton collar made for it. Anyone know where I might have this done? Thurston will only do their own jackets understandably.

Anyone? Thanks
27812825440_bb80d6a5c9_b.jpg
DD won't do it? Maybe Johnson leathers? The detachable collar is essential to the style in my opinion and stretches the jackets wearability into really foul weather.

Pdxgeo

A-List Customer
Dave hasn't done one before I don't think. I will check with Johnson, thanks.

Dave hasn't done one before I don't think. I will check with Johnson, thanks.
I think Johnson will take care of it for you. This jacket should have that option, as should all cross zips imho. Either way this is sure to be something special. I'm eager to see the finished product!

3d-doctor

New in Town
My 333 arrived today at my UK address
All in pretty damn perfecto with a view to be my main riding jacket
Details and fit pretty near perfect only jacket I have where the sleeves need to be zipped for on and off so no draughty bits
Need to take the shine on the jacket down (denatured alcohol ) and from there the colour is virtually a match for my beck breeches which are ballpark 70 years old

Just need the bike on the road and sorted

Pdxgeo

A-List Customer
3d doctor yours must be the one I posted the link to no? Also can we please see fit pics and if you are getting a collar made can you show how DD did the attachment points?

Thanks!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Truthhurts21