Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Planning a Diamond Dave Beck 333

Pdxgeo

A-List Customer
Well now that ive tried the 333 on i am more excited than ever for the remake. I am thinking short and tight. Dave has been a pleasure to communicate and to work with throughout. I hope i dodnt cause anyone to think any less of him.

Good to hear...It's got to be problematic for makers to allow customization in all aspects of a jackets production...I'm happy to be on the receiving end of just such a jacket but with proportions and all the details that subsequently might be impacted I can see where the wheels could come off really quick. Glad to hear your going to get the jacket you are after. Would love to see this thread updated when it's delivered.

Pdxgeo

A-List Customer
Indeed, I do fully custom cabinetry for my clients and while most of them give me some creative license the nitty gritty really comes down to what they envisioned in the first place so you have to be part clairvoyant part craftsman!

navetsea

I'll Lock Up
many elements of jacket probably are not scaled, I see many time here on some bigger size jackets chest pockets seem too small and on shorter size jacket like yours that D pocket is clipping the belt loop, I hope that is something the maker would consider... proportion,
if you would get a trim short jacket, hopefully its collar, sleeve hole, pocket, will all resized accordingly

Last edited:
many elements of jacket probably are not scaled, I see many time here on some bigger size jackets chest pockets seem too small and on shorter size jacket like yours that D pocket is clipping the belt loop, I hope that is something the maker would consider... proportion,
if you would get a trim short jacket, hopefully its collar, sleeve hole, pocket, will all resized accordingly
Well said and absolutely true.

Pdxgeo

A-List Customer
The d pocket over the loop is definitely part of the design of the 333. The early variant had the buckle slightly left of the zip but im gonna have Dave center it (like the later models) on the remake.

The odd design elements, the button flap off the collar etc are a big part of my choice of jacket.

The one design i do like even more is the freewheelers Labrea i had posted earlier in the thread...but that price!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
aronhoustongy