Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Powder Room Pets?

ITG

Call Me a Cab
Amber DeCadence said:
this is my 3 year old kitty, Miss Mini Minsky lol

mini4.jpg
Awwww, I had a stray kitty growing up that looked just like yours (Missy). She was the sweetest cat I ever did have. Seeing your kitty makes me miss ole Missy. Miss Mini Minsky looks like a ball of cuddly sweetness.

Adelle Rose

New in Town
This is my cat Sophie
Picture122.jpg
She's almost as old as me, and im 16 in July! I think she's a silver shaded or something, but I just call her a Persian without the pug face. LOL.​

pretty faythe

One Too Many
My Dagmar

Photo0005.jpg

This is my Dagmar. He is my miracle pirate kitty. He was born when I was in 10th grade, so that makes him......17. I know he is gonna live forever lol
He so cute (except for his monster killer breath, I've started putting mint in his water, food and kitty milk). Dagmar has an extra toe on each foot, so he looks like he is wearing mittens. Before he was a year old he got into a pan of oil from someone changing their oil in their car, and wasnt expected to get well or grow his hair back, needless to say he got well and is furrier than ever. 3 different times he has had some part of his body abcessed and looked like an alien with a tune out of his body. He used to have little wholes in his right ear lobe, which is why I started calling him a pirate.
Then he had this bump by his tail which the vet said was just tissue growth, well that wound up bursting full of puss. Then he got a bump in his ear full of blood, I was told he had a heart murmor so they couldnt use anestha on him and to just let it shrivel over time. (thats why his right ear is a lot smaller) Then 2 1/2 years ago he was very lathargic and started laying in the bathroom sink, so I took him to the vet and they told me he had a fever, ran blood tests, told me he was underweight, had kidney probs and feline diabeties and gave me this huge dollar amount of med work they could do to prolong his life for maybe 6 months or so. I cried, took him home, (couldnt aford the proposed vet bill) and made an urn for him thinking my baby was going to pass on to kitty heaven soon.

Ummmm...no. I've decided vets don't know what they are talking about.2 1/2 years later he still comes up to me while I am asleep purring and shedding in my face asking me to pet him, with the worst breath imaginable.

I was thinking about 3-4 weeks ago that I needed to take him to the vet, a different vet, because he was diffinately getting skinny again, and got him kitten milk to drink since he is a senior and needs extra calories. Well, the kitty milk is giving him extra energy and he is roaming around the house like a young kitten again, and eting like a piggy. All his weight is at his tummy so I try to pet his head and not his back cuz I can feel his bones.

Thats my baby love. We have others, but he is the oldest, older than my children. I've read articles of some cats that have lived into their mid 20s to early 30s. That is gonna be my Dagmar.

Sorry I've gone on a long time. lol[huh]

timorous me

Familiar Face
my boyfriend and I just adopted a couple of kitties last week... they are so adorable!

Tizzy1.jpg

This is Tizzy. She is tiny (only about four pounds) - we think she may have been abused because she is so emaciated and SOOOO shy. The minute we got her home, she raced around trying to find little nooks and crannies to hide in - which was pretty much anywhere since she is so skinny. (Plus I swear she is part ferret or something.) She was hiding out behind the stove, INSIDE the stove, behind the fridge... and finally, she found a tiny hole in the drywall. Tizzy decided to live in the wall for three days. Since we've gotten her out of the wall, she's been living under the couch. She seems to be warming up to us little by little, though.

Penny3.jpg

And this is Penny (with yours truly) - she is FABULOUS... very sociable and playful, and EXTREMELY loving! The people who brought her to the shelter we adopted the two of them from said that she couldn't be around other cats because she'd attack them... buuuut it turns out she was just in heat. Whoops. :)

fourstarbanner

One of the Regulars
I have 3 roommates, and we have a house beta fish we named Trout.

100_1526.jpg

One of my friends wrote "Trout the Ninja Fish" on the side of the bowl. And please disregard the mess around him. :rolleyes:

LadyStardust

Practically Family
Everyone has such cute pets!

Here are mine!

Family Pets.
Bagel.jpg

My greatest treasure, Basil. I love him so much I can't even express it. I honestly think he's the perfect cat.
c887f26b.jpg

Tootsie, completely and utterly endearing and adorable
433df9c0.jpg

The VERY ironically named Minnie. She's sweet though.

1111062238.jpg

My very own cat, Margo.

Grnidwitch

A-List Customer
fourstarbanner said:
I have 3 roommates, and we have a house beta fish we named Trout.

100_1526.jpg

One of my friends wrote "Trout the Ninja Fish" on the side of the bowl. And please disregard the mess around him. :rolleyes:

My sister had 2 Betas, Mo and You'd.

Daisy Buchanan

My Mail is Forwarded Here
Amy Jeanne said:
Lola (my Dal!) is sooooo good! When she was a puppy she was a terror -- if it wasn't for her being so darn pretty I think I'd have given her away! She used to chew my furniture and she once chewed up a whole section of carpet!! But as she's gotten older (she just turned 8 in February) she's calmed down a LOT. Most of the time she just lies on her over-priced princess bed that we bought her (like she needed to be spoiled more!) Every night she gets a snuggle session and 3 walks a day. She LOVES to get snuggles!

Lola is quite shy and neurotic. She doesn't like meeting new people. It's only when she gets to know them that she'll open up and start demanding snuggles from them! When my husband first came over form England to meet/visit me, Lola HATED him. She growled at him and would wedge her way between us if we were sitting too close! Now she adores him. She HATES other dogs. She doesn't fight, she just gets very nervous. My sister had her dogs over one time and Lola started throwing up everywhere.

And this might sound weird, but Lola is terrified of squeaky dog toys!!! My sister left a plush squeaky bone in my living room one time and for some reason, Lola was scared to go in the living room. I didn't know why for a while but then I realised there was a squeaky toy under the magazine rack!! As soon as I removed it from the room, Lola went back into the living room!

So yes, Dal's can be emotional and neurotic, but that's why I love them. Your's is soooo cute!! I'm also a fan of the bigger dogs. I prefer short haired, too. But I love bullies and pugs!! I have a thing for those cute/ugly type of dogs! I also like LOTS of jowels!!! Neopolitan Mastiffs are jowely and sooooo cute!! Dogs are the best!

Wow! Your Lola has the same temperament that Mina had. They are sooo emotional and need to be cuddled. Mina had a big plush dog bed in every room in the house. During the last 4 years of her life I was home mostly all day. Wow did she use me as her personal dog walker/treat giver/all round spoiler! It got so bad that during the last year of her life, every 2 hours on the hour she just went to the front door and shook her collar until I finally would take her out, just to shut her up!!! And she walked me! I couldn't walk her on a leash, for when she was young she would just end up dragging me down the sidewalk. I have such wonderful memories of her walking down the street so confidently, stopping to sniff, or to grab a piece of gum off the sidewalk (she LOVED gum!) and chewing it down really fast while running away from me so I couldn't yank it out of her mouth. It just got to the point where I just let her have it, for their was no pulling anything once it got between her jaws. She was so good too. She always waited at the corner, and never, even when she got old and a bit cenial, never walked into the street. She also usually ended up eating whatever I was eating for dinner. My roommate and I went above and beyond for her. She was just so darn sweet that it was hard not to spoil her. My rommate would come home from work and find me curled up in the dog bed with her, nose to nose, Mina's paws in my hands, both of us sound asleep.
She was also a bit leary of strangers, and she never really liked other dogs. And of course there was the time when I came home to find nothing left of a brand new pair of leather shoes but the label! Even the soles were gone!!! She ate my roommates Bally wallet, and we only knew it wasn't stolen because the gold "B" that had been on it was next to her dog bed!
They are such silly, funny, charming creatures. Even with all of her health problems and the things she destroyed, I still loved her as if she was a child.

Lola is at the age when things will be wonderful. Her hyperness is calming down, but I'm telling you they get even sweeter and can get needier (in terms of affection) with age. But it's so worth it. Have fun with her, she is beautiful!!

All of the pets here are wonderful! I can't believe how many different pets there are. Living in the city I don't know anybody who has a pet duck!!! Very cool:) I need to move to a farm! I really like Bulldog's. They can be such characters, and who can resist those faces!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DapperBran