Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Powder Room Pets?

Daisy Buchanan

My Mail is Forwarded Here
TaxiGirl said:
Oh, just imagining that picture one could die from laughing!

Harpo the chinchilla has a serious fondness for molasses cookies, and also chocolate. (Neither of which he should have.)

At one point, while he was running around, he got into a cookie box and took one of those Archway molases cookies that are about four inches across? He then tried to run away with it, but it was bigger than the distance between his mouth and the floor, so it would keep throwing his running off. You could just see him getting frustrated, like he was thinking "I have a cookie! But I have to take the cookie and hide it, or they will take it back from me! But the cookie does not want to come with me!"

Another time I was eating a chocolate bar and he jumped into my lab, reached up, and started trying to take it away from me. He was REALLY serious about this... he got both front paws and his mouth into it. You couldn't pry him loose.

That is so darn cute! It's so funny to see there personalities come out. My Lily is a 26 pound British shorthair. She really is gigantic, but she is so sweet and incredibly cuddly. She also gives "head butts" on command. Basically I say "give me love" or "give me head butt" and she comes up to me and knocks me on the head with her head. Well, she is passionate about food, fish and shell fish in particular. One day I was defrosting jumbo prawns in the sink. I hear a funny ruckus coming from the kitchen. When I go in to check it out I see Lily jumping from the counter with an uncooked prawn in her mouth. Myself and Hemingway Jones chased her around the apartment. For a big cat she sure could move when she was determined. She somehow managed to squeeze herself and the prawn under the sofa. By the time Hem and I got to her half of the prawn had been eaten. It was just so funny seeing her scurry around the apartment with this giant shrimp in her mouth, as if losing it would cost her her life. She does take liberties too, and she'll eat anything. The other night we had onion rings. I left the table for a minute to get something. I got back to find Lily on the table eating the onion rings right off the plate. You don't even want to know how bad she can be when we have lobster or sushi for dinner. She will just help herself. Sometimes she'll reach out her paw and pull food right off the plate that I'm eatinf off of. But, no matter how chunky she is, I still love her dearly:)

Fletch

I'll Lock Up
Hey Bob & Samantha

Samantha looks a lot like our bluecream longhair, Kitty Foyle.

392117448_8cafd5c749.jpg

We've suspected Kitty might have some Coon Cat in her from her color and looks, but she's a small cat, ±7 lbs and quite babyfaced for her age (9).

392117444_1fbd2a4e81.jpg

391112509_d012ce4335.jpg

cooncatbob

Practically Family
Fletch said:
Samantha looks a lot like our bluecream longhair, Kitty Foyle.

392117448_8cafd5c749.jpg

We've suspected Kitty might have some Coon Cat in her from her color and looks, but she's a small cat, ±7 lbs and quite babyfaced for her age (9).

392117444_1fbd2a4e81.jpg

391112509_d012ce4335.jpg

Well Kitty seems to be a Blue Patched Tabby (Torbie) like Samantha, here's a link to information on the Maine Coon. Samantha is almost 12 and still quite youthful except she doesn't leap up on to the top of the amorie any more.
Bob.
http://www.fanciers.com/breed-faqs/maine-coon-faq.html

Lady Day

I'll Lock Up
Bartender
Ladies...

We have three active pet threads floating around the lounge. One in the OB, a very active one in the Display Case, and of course ours ;)

How do y'all feel on a consolidation of them (put the main thread in the display case)?

LD

olive bleu

One Too Many
Lady Day said:
We have three active pet threads floating around the lounge. One in the OB, a very active one in the Display Case, and of course ours ;)

How do y'all feel on a consolidation of them (put the main thread in the display case)?

LD

Sure.

Decayla

New in Town
My baby

His name is Shady. He is a deer Chihuahua. Deers are the Chihuahuas with the long legs. He is 13in tall and 19in long. Hes a big boy:)

l_dae261026a384665802d80e2d1307a44.jpg

l_3a6fa2d8dcd04a4a8f33f27bcf36c6f2.jpg

l_fa16bf854d1f4ca89ce11659d5241703.jpg

Dixie_Amazon

Practically Family
I love the tie! My somewhat hyper Redbone Coon Hound wants nothing to do with coats. She runs around like a maniac and does her best to get them off.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
aronhoustongy