Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Question of those that own Aero jackets...

music321

New in Town
I see that most Aero jackets have buckles on the sides. Do you find that your sleeves brush against them as you walk?

Am I right to think that Aero would leave them off if I asked them to do so?

Thanks.

Peacoat

Bartender
I have Aero, Vanson, Eastman, and maybe another one or two brands with the side buckles, and they have never gotten in my way. The buckles do add quite a bit to the fit of the jacket. Not being big through the hips or the waist, I usually need a bit of adjustment in that area to give a good fit. This is especially true when the jacket is used as a motorcycle jacket on a cool day. A close adjustment at the hips/waist cuts down on the airflow. One brand I don't need buckles with is Johnson Leathers. Even their off the rack jackets give a close fit that requires no external adjustment.

In my opinion, you would be making a mistake in leaving the buckles off the jacket. Features, such as buckles, are there for a reason. If one starts monkeying with the basic design of the jacket, bad things sometimes happen.

Brando11

A-List Customer
Plus, they just look so DAMN cool!

I have Aero, Vanson, Eastman, and maybe another one or two brands with the side buckles, and they have never gotten in my way. The buckles do add quite a bit to the fit of the jacket. Not being big through the hips or the waist, I usually need a bit of adjustment in that area to give a good fit. This is especially true when the jacket is used as a motorcycle jacket on a cool day. A close adjustment at the hips/waist cuts down on the airflow. One brand I don't need buckles with is Johnson Leathers. Even their off the rack jackets give a close fit that requires no external adjustment.

In my opinion, you would be making a mistake in leaving the buckles off the jacket. Features, such as buckles, are there for a reason. If one starts monkeying with the basic design of the jacket, bad things sometimes happen.

garzo

One of the Regulars
Yes, the buckles are not just for looks, they are actually meant to adjust the jacket's size, and it could make a big difference when wearing just a t-shirt or a sweater, so I'd really consider it before leaving them off.

Aerojoe

Practically Family
Here a guy that doesn't like them :) Those side buckles are a total deal breaker for me and the reason because I didn't purchased some stuff like the indy jacket. I do have a Highwayman and if I was to purchase another one, I'd request Aero to remove them. I have a Perfecto too and I find the full belt a real pain.

HighandDry

A-List Customer
I like them for the fit, but one of my cars has deep bucket seats and the side buckles dig into the seat leather and causes some scuffs.

Graemsay

Practically Family
I used to wear a Hercules, and don't recall either the pocket flaps of buckles getting in the way.

I don't particularly like the side buckles myself, but that's more from aesthetics. The Cropduster (no longer on Aero's site) had elastic instead, and that might be a neater look.

Incidentally, Feltfan, are you going to post any pictures of your new Aero? :)

feltfan

My Mail is Forwarded Here
Graemsay, yes I will... as soon as I find a photo hosting site I like. I don't like the changes to Flickr, so it's time for a new service
with better URLs for the pictures.

Peacoat

Bartender
Photobucket makes it really easy to post pics. Just hover over the photo, the IMG code appears below the photo, left click and it is stored in your temporary files. To retrieve it, just paste the code where you want the photo, and there it is. Can't be any simpler than that.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DapperBran