Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

rolled up

Matt Deckard

Man of Action
Who wants a hat that's designed to be folded? Where's the challenge in that.

Actually it looks okay, I'd like to see a higher crown. the first hat in the thread is an Optimo of mine. It holds it's own though it's just a great felt. Overall I think that travel version might be easier to roll up, though I think it will jst just as long as my standard.

By the by, I just had a few hats cleaned and blocked by Graham... I just love how perfect everything is when it come back from his shop.

Dinerman

Super Moderator
Bartender
IMG_3196.jpg

IMG_0925-1.jpg

IMG_0926.jpg

avedwards

Call Me a Cab
I'm planning to have a Penman hat made, and John said that the felt would take folding, but the reed in the sweat band would become permanently kinked. How do you stop this happening to your hats when you fold them?

Ande1964

Practically Family
avedwards said:
I'm planning to have a Penman hat made, and John said that the felt would take folding, but the reed in the sweat band would become permanently kinked. How do you stop this happening to your hats when you fold them?

Um... leave out the reed?

You can remove them, too... I think.

Anj

zetwal

I'll Lock Up
I roll up two of my own hats from time to time without any problem at all - both are unreeded. I don't think you need to worry about being a long oval per se. If they're the right size they should fit just fine. Why do you think unreeded could be a problem for long ovals? Perhaps I'm missing something -

Aureliano

I'll Lock Up
My Borsalino Rollable...

I bought this a few years back in Buenos Aires. I've never seen something like this before. The hat has a couple of snaps, one in the back, and one in the bow (see pics 1 & 2) that, once you roll it, keep everything snug. I love it. I've beaten the &#i&t! out of it and it always returns to its shape.

DSC04091.jpg

DSC04093.jpg

DSC04092.jpg

DSC04094.jpg

DSC04095.jpg

DSC04096.jpg

DSC04097.jpg

DSC04099.jpg

Aureliano

I'll Lock Up
Matt Deckard said:
Snap! how intersting

I know, that's why I bought it. They had it displayed on the window and I went, wow! that's interesting, snap! they had 3 in stock, all the same color. the one I got is a tad big on me. Not to loose to take off with wind, but enough to make me nervous!:p

Mario

I'll Lock Up
Eh...Matt...I know this is utterly :eek:fftopic: but I still have to ask...
In your avatar, it looks to me as if - I mean, hey...don't get me wrong, maybe I'm just loosing my sight, coming of age and all that - well, anyway, it looks to me as if you're actually wearing Chucks with your suit...blue Chucks, that is... :p

mattchuck.jpg

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
aronhoustongy