Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

rolled up

Mahagonny Bill

Practically Family
Matt Deckard said:
Don't roll a modern Borsalino or a modern Akubra as they will be wrinkled for life and it will ruin the brim... that even goes for the modern roll up Borsalinos... they end up droopy with creases.
Since this thread has been resurrected ;)

I am going to need a hat that can survive air-travel soon. I was thinking about just taking my standard Fed IV and either rolling it or putting it in the over-head bin and reshaping as necessary. Now that I've read this thread I'm not so sure.

Has anyone had recent experience with crushing or rolling a Fed IV? Would I be better off getting a hat more suited for traveling? I've been following the other "Travelling Hat" threads, but I'm most curious about folding/packing methods for standard felt fedoras.

Aureliano

I'll Lock Up
Mahagonny Bill said:

I am going to need a hat that can survive air-travel soon. I was thinking about just taking my standard Fed IV and either rolling it or putting it in the over-head bin and reshaping as necessary. Now that I've read this thread I'm not so sure.

Has anyone had recent experience with crushing or rolling a Fed IV? Would I be better off getting a hat more suited for traveling? I've been following the other "Travelling Hat" threads, but I'm most curious about folding/packing methods for standard felt fedoras.

I love my Borsalino but I'm not sure if you can get that one anymore, or where for that matter. I've heard good things about the "foldaway" from hornetshats.com

Carlisle Blues

My Mail is Forwarded Here
Mahagonny Bill said:

I had the same dilemma.....I decided to travel with my Fed Deluxe IV...It just will work better for my 35 hour trip...;)

Mahagonny Bill

Practically Family
Carlisle Blues said:
I had the same dilemma.....I decided to travel with my Fed Deluxe IV...It just will work better for my 35 hour trip...;)
Are you going to try and pack it or just wear it for the flight? If the former, how do you plan on packing it? If the latter, you're a better man than I Gunga Din :rolleyes:

Carlisle Blues

My Mail is Forwarded Here
Mahagonny Bill said:
Are you going to try and pack it or just wear it for the flight? If the former, how do you plan on packing it? If the latter, you're a better man than I Gunga Din :rolleyes:

I will wear it ........... I did the same with my panama not a big deal [huh] ;)

HarpPlayerGene

I'll Lock Up
Matt Deckard said:
Okay, anyone else have rolled up hat pics?

Here's one.

Borsalino Enzo Roma:

DSC_0002.jpg

DSC_0008.jpg

DSC_0007.jpg

DSC_0014-1.jpg

Aureliano

I'll Lock Up
Carlisle Blues said:
I am seriously thinking of getting one.. What weight is that???? Winter summer ????:p

The height of the crown is 4 1/2 and the brim is 2 1/2. Fall, Spring very light, no liner cloth sweat. I got it at the fedora store. Duane, the owner is a fine gentleman. As I said before, they run big. I ordered a 71/8 and Duene sent (don't konw if by accident or because he know they run big) a size 7 and, I'm telling you CB, it is still a touch, a tiny tiny touch big. [huh]

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
aronhoustongy