Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Shinki leathers

WalkingBoy

Familiar Face
Dear all and sundry
I haven't been on the forum for a few years...that said I'd like to seek some advice
from the members here on sourcing Butterscotch Brown cowhide or horsehide.
I came across a Butterscotch brown cowhide jacket by LostWorlds ( see photo attached, hopefully) of their National Racer jacket.
I contacted them, but was told it was not available. I asked if they could source it, but they
were very adamant: no way.

So I learnt of Shinki Hikaku in japan producing some fine leathers, but thats were the problems start. Website in Japanese, I'm not a commercial entity, and will they sell to
an international buyer who only wants i or 2 hides?

THis jacket is so beautiful and the colour is lush. One of the best early civilian jackets I've come across. Prefer it over the Himel Bros ( yes a value judgement) ...and I don't have to sell my flat and car to pay for it.
Lostworlds say sorry pal, we can make burt only black and russet.
As i'm quite stubborn, I'll try to source it some other way.
If anyone has any advice, tips even contacts please let me know
cheerio
M ( walkingboy)

Attachments

• NationalRacer-30A.jpg
    NationalRacer-30A.jpg
    137.5 KB · Views: 491
  • NationalRacer-25A.jpg
    NationalRacer-25A.jpg
    135.3 KB · Views: 540
Shinki is beautiful stuff, but hard to get from the factory. John Chapman (Goodwear Leather) uses it. Take a look at his site for some color options. Many Japanese makers also use Shinki: Real McCoys, Freewheelers, Rainbow Country, FlatHead. If you like this color and style, you could try a Mister Freedom Campus jacket, or Thedi Leathers shawl Collar. Theodoros' Cognac Buffalo is a similar color.
Good Luck!

WalkingBoy

Familiar Face
Call Dave Himel . . . he might be able to help you.
Thanks to all for the tips...re Himel's jacket: he's quoting over 2200 for a custom, thats in US$. Lost worlds can do it for 1500...without the leather options.
I think I'll contact John to see if he can give it a go, and yep I heard he's very fond of the Japanese leathers
He'll be in a better buying position than I ever would.
cheerio.

Grayland

Call Me a Cab
Simmons Bilt now offers Shinki HH although they just carry chocolate, red/brown and black. With the Shinki upcharge, the jacket would cost $837 US plus shipping. The Simmons Bilt model that looks like the jacket in your pictures is called.....Simmons Bilt.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
zibounou