Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Show us what you've made!

LadyDeWinter

A-List Customer
I made these two pairs of highwaisted and wide legged slacks from a vintage pattern:

409543.jpg

409545.jpg

LadyDeWinter

A-List Customer
Hello Lotus, for the tan slacks I used crepe and for the grey ones a light woolen fabric. Crepe is not easy to sew. And the wool is very strechy fabric and too difficult to sew.

Lotus Leroux

One of the Regulars
Thanks Sabine. I have also tried sewing with fabric that had a slight stretch and it was really tough! I ended up getting frustrated and abandoning the project. Again, great pants!

Laura

RedHotRidinHood

Practically Family
Goldwyn-the pillows are fabulous! Was that a vintage or new kit?

Lady-I wish I was brave to make pants for myself...I don't trust my sewing skills that much yet. Pants are so hard for me to fit into properly anyway, the way I am built. You look great!

And if I didn't know better, I would say that strawberry bag is vintage...I have sold old ones similar to that, and it looks so cool!

RedHotRidinHood

Practically Family
Here is something I made last week-I know most of you tend to stay in the 30s and 40s, and I love that era too, but I sure do love me my 1950s. The pattern is from 1960, and I just couldn't resist the fabric! I love going over the top a little, sometimes.

SkirtPattern1.JPG

SkirtPattern2.JPG

Here is my next project: 1941 pattern with 40s era rayon...I love the optional peplum and keyhole neck! The pieces are printed, so I've got that going for me. I'm a little nervous about this one because I have exactly enough fabric for it-no mistakes allowed! It looks fairly easy though. My goal is to wear it next weekend.

PurpleDress1.JPG

Miss Dottie

Practically Family
RedHotRidinHood said:
Here is my next project: 1941 pattern with 40s era rayon...I love the optional peplum and keyhole neck! The pieces are printed, so I've got that going for me. I'm a little nervous about this one because I have exactly enough fabric for it-no mistakes allowed! It looks fairly easy though. My goal is to wear it next weekend.

PurpleDress1.JPG

Oooh! I can't hardly wait to see that purple and white polka dot beauty. Good luck!

exquisitebones

A-List Customer
RedHotRidinHood said:

PurpleDress1.JPG

OMGOSH! I want a copy of that pattern!!! you should put it in the swap. and make me a copy first! lol lol .
no seriously. PLZ!:eek: :rolleyes:

Lady Day

I'll Lock Up
Bartender
I made some day dresses!
Also I made my first hat from a pattern from the pattern swap! :D

hatpattern.jpg
Great 40s design. The middle one on the right.

THEHAT.jpg

Yay pattern swap! The hat turned out pretty well. Its a black felt that was a bit too thick for what the pattern required, but I like it bunches. I cant show you a pic of me in it yet cause I plan on wearing to at the dinner this Sat. :D Now I need to finish my dress....:eek:

LD

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
usleathermart