Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Show Us Your OVERCOATS

giovanni

Familiar Face
I have never bought any vintage before...but I wouldnt mind trying.

Where do you guys search for most of your coats? I would never accumulate as many things as dinerman, probably just one or two coats.

Dinerman does have lots of very nice coats, but in some cases it looks like he just has the same coat in slightly different colours--I dot see much point in that (granted I am not a clothing enthusiast and connoisseur like Dinerman), but I do like the idea of having one very wacky occasional coat that doesnt cost me an arm and a leg.

Dinerman

Super Moderator
Bartender
furcollar.jpg

Monte

A-List Customer
I bought mine at a garage sale for 8 bux. Scottish wool Imperial Cheviot. Very good quality from what I can tell. Probably '80s.

esteban68

Call Me a Cab
here's one I picked up last week for £3.00, it's a wool mix but unmarked and virtually unworn , however I did need to replace all the buttons as 2 were missing and someone had moved them around for a tighter? fit, I replaced them and it's almost right now....I reckon it's late 60's/early 70's due to collar?
28i2a6d.jpg
11awro6.jpg

29c5lu.jpg
21k9tom.jpg

Not sure if I'll get the collar reduced or wear it as is as it fits perfect save neededing the sleeves up a tad!
Nolabels save this one
2rgpblt.jpg

Last edited:

Monte

A-List Customer
Yes... Great find with that price. Good job on the restoring. Hey Esteban, I found a Walton hat with a British style crest. Is that a brand you recognize? Can't find much on the internet. I saw an old post on the lounge asking about it and that's how I discovered this site.

Fastuni

Call Me a Cab
A couple of Ulster coats...

British Charcoal 30's Barkers of Kensington:
SAM_1449.jpg

German brown-beige coat by "D - bewährte Marke" - alas the belt is missing:
SAM_1540.jpg

German charcoal unlabelled coat (fleamarket find... no belt, no inside button, no patch pockets, rougher wool, no cuff "decoration"... although these features could be found on pre-war coats as well - I somehow suspect a wartime coat:
SAM_1542.jpg

Cheers

Last edited:

The Good

Call Me a Cab
I have just won an auction for a London Fog overcoat. I already own a 38r raincoat "Maincoat" from that company that fits me too (an older, possibly between '50s to '90s made, I can't tell), so I was scouting for overcoats and saw this one. It was advertised as "vtg mint," and I like the color. Could someone date this coat based on the appearance or label?

$(KGrHqV,!lcFBLq6M06kBQnv0M3L+Q~~60_3.JPG

$T2eC16V,!yME9s5qGs,iBQnv0RY19g~~60_3.JPG

$(KGrHqJ,!p!FBd9r9sJkBQnv0T4s8!~~60_3.JPG

Last edited:

The Good

Call Me a Cab
Hmm, it seemed that the London Fog factory moved away from Baltimore in 1976. My coat has Baltimore in the tag, but alongside London and New York. It also says "Trademarks of Londontown Corporation," and that is supposed to imply the original Baltimore location. Am I wrong?

Fastuni

Call Me a Cab
Barker's clothing doesn't turn up very often.

Thanks splinter and HBK. The fabric is extra thick with a red plaid on the left side (forgot the name of this double-layered coat fabric)...
What I found most unusual are the lapels... deeply cut in horizontal peak-lapels and also narrower, not overly padded shoulders.
Leads me to date this to mid-1930's at latest.

Maybe someone can make some sense of the label inside the pocket?

SAM_3880.jpg

Best Regards

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
HughGDePoo