Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Show us your suits

Powerhouse

One of the Regulars
Another Nice Green Suit..

Here is the first vintage suit I bought. I found it years ago at Bobby's of Boston. I am pretty sure the Union label has a date of 1932...I asked a few people to look at it at and they agree. It's a nice blue and green pinstripe DB. It is tough to get a tie to go with it. Contrast is the only way. Anyway...what do you think about the tag...1932??? I have included a close-up of the... fabric. My favorite part of this outfit is my shoes. They are solid celluloid. Enjoy.

fullsuit.jpg

32-label.jpg

closeup.jpg

RaasAlHayya, a very nice suit, indeed. Love the contrast buttons.

Powerhouse. Beautiful suit. The tag: Any chance of a closer look at the copyright date? I can't really make out the date. It looks like a '36 or '39 tag - they are very similar. I'd guess a 1939 wit da last digit blurred to a 2 (these quite often become blurred on the linen union tags). I've never heard of a 1932 tag. The button stance would also point me towards the early 40s. Also, can you show me a close up of the fabric? Looks cool.

bk

Powerhouse

One of the Regulars
I will have to try and get a better pic of the tag. I need to figure out the darned new fangled digital camera focus thing. Do the other numbers/letters on the tag have any meaning?

Powerhouse

One of the Regulars
Is this correct???

AGWA label dating:
NRA label 1933 used til 1936

Cloth sewing machine label, by copyright date:
c1936 used til 1939
c1939 used til 1949
c1949 used til 1968

Wild Root

Gone Home
jml90 said:
He's a slight boy he would be lost in big lapels

I beg to differ. In the 30’s and 40's, you'd notice that thin men wore large lapels as it was the fashion of the times. I think wider lapels look fantastic... most vintage I find is for smaller men.;) Also, the vintage DB wide lapel coats he has look fantastic on him!

=WR=

PS. Ray, you’re right… a proper Bogie suit would be a vintage item! ;)

Mr. Rover

One Too Many
Wild Root said:
I beg to differ. In the 30’s and 40's, you'd notice that thin men wore large lapels as it was the fashion of the times. I think wider lapels look fantastic... most vintage I find is for smaller men.;) Also, the vintage DB wide lapel coats he has look fantastic on him!

=WR=

PS. Ray, you’re right… a proper Bogie suit would be a vintage item! ;)

What you're saying also has some practical value- a wider lapel fills out the chest a little better. In the end it's all about balance.

Powerhouse

One of the Regulars
OK...

it's a 39 label in my suit. Gotta be if there was no 32.

Wingnut... that suit fits you well. Nice 8th AAF lamp. Very nice.

Seems like a good place for takin' fotos...in front of the radio...hahaha

I will try to have some more late-nite photo shoots to show off my collection. I'll put some shoes on too. It'll be a belted back bombardment. Only one single breasted peak lapel though. Root, your a lucky fella...Ahhhhh.....

Wild Root

Gone Home
Where the blue, of the night...

Meets the gold, of the day...

Introducing, that infamous star of radio, Mr. Bing Crosby! ;)

fullsuit.jpg

Powerhouse my ol' friend, that suit is fantastic! I think I could find a tie or two to go with that suit! You need to bring it to the Queen Mary!

=WR=

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
direfulzealot