Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Show us your vintage patterns!

Anachronism

One of the Regulars
Amy Jeanne said:
L1030163_kimono.jpg

I like these kimono-style dresses.

my first thought: Honey Ryder "Dr. No"

Lauren

Distinguished Service Award
Miss Sis said:
And two DuBarry patterns. I loved Lady Day's hooverette dress so much I decided I had to get a pattern and these two came up together. I love the smocked blouse and skirt too. So smart.

30sDuBarryHoover.jpg

Oooh... I saw those. I love the house dress. So cute! And I just love DuBarry's packaging and colors.

o0olibelulao0o

Familiar Face
Late 50's Early 60's Suits... Jackie O??

I'm trying to find a nice suit to wear as my "get away" outfit for my wedding (I have over a year to find the right one... however)

I was wondering if anyone here had some nice patterns late 50's early 60's kind of Jackie O style suits...

Or well, really I guess I'm looking for a sleeveless dress, slim fitting, with a nice jacket to wear over it... Anyone here have a pattern or somewhere to point me in a good direction?

Miss Sis

One Too Many
Lady Day said:
I was SERIOUSLY watching that 1130B because I am passionately in love with that smocking!

LD

Thanks, Lady Day. I have another smocked blouse pattern in NZ, a Simplicity, I believe, that I left with my Mum as it wasn't in good condition to 'travel'. It has two collar options, one the same as above and the other a sort of reverse collar with the points at the back and the front rounded. I might have to ask her to make me a copy!

Dear me, I have lots of sewing to be getting on with. :p

Lauren

Distinguished Service Award
I forgot to share my patterns for a while!
l_7b16fcb3bc2a410bae57028939b7bcfa.jpg

l_6c6251518c184b06a903fb7c84d50155.jpg

l_5d03316f8da5420993aff95a6fe90d0a.jpg

l_a85c424034654ce7886daa0c12ca435b.jpg

l_8de076d599724b92b8c959d764d354f8.jpg

l_00f2298064a441d5904f96fbb839add0.jpg

surfc03.jpg

I'm making the last one right now and it's coming out lovely! I don't think I've really sewn much with Butterick and I'm very impressed. I especially like how they and Simplicity add extra seam allowances at the sides for taking them out later. How very vintage and economical!

Miss 1929

My Mail is Forwarded Here
I have one...

o0olibelulao0o said:
I'm trying to find a nice suit to wear as my "get away" outfit for my wedding (I have over a year to find the right one... however)

I was wondering if anyone here had some nice patterns late 50's early 60's kind of Jackie O style suits...

Or well, really I guess I'm looking for a sleeveless dress, slim fitting, with a nice jacket to wear over it... Anyone here have a pattern or somewhere to point me in a good direction?

This is a size 20, which means bust 40:

http://s300.photobucket.com/albums/nn6/Miss1929/Patterns/

If you like it and it's the right size, please PM me your address and it is a wedding present!

Lady Day

I'll Lock Up
Bartender
5610q.jpg

I just picked these two up for about $10 (shipping included!). There seems to be a slew of real nice patterns on eBay lately.

Im excited, my empty checking account is not :eek:

LD

Miss 1929

More to come...

That was the earliest one, but I have a big box of 60s and 70s, both of which eras I hate, that will be available soon! I will root through it and find some more for you to look at. What is your bust measurement? That will help me find for you. Slim dress and jacket... I am sure there are some in there.

I will be selling all of them, probably in batches as these are not terribly valuable, so i don't mind a giveaway here and there!

o0olibelulao0o said:
Thats a very nice pattern... Sadly it is not my size. Thank you very much for your generosity though! :) very kind of you!

Miss 1929

This is why I have tto sell some.. so I can buy more!

I just got this one - love it to death.
I plan to make the left hand one in black velvet with ivory lace (my husband calls that "a wife dress") and the one on the right in grey rough crepe, no dickey or collar, changeable buttons and buckle.
And looking at the picture, I suppose I must make a green one too!

42f4_10.JPG

cailinbeag

Familiar Face
o0olibelulao0o said:

This suit is from my personal collection. If you like it, please PM me and we'll figure something out. :)

B9563.jpg

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DapperBran