Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Show us your waistcoats/Vests?

rcfko

Familiar Face
I recently purchased 4 used waistcoat through ebay for decent price. They are from the late 70s. I find it almost impossible for me to find clothes in general let alone good fitting waistcoats. I have a very small frame and is hard to find a 32-34 waistcoat and I snapped them up the moment I found them on sale. Had to take it to the tailor for some minor repair and fitting but well worth the time and money.

I also enjoy a snuggly fitted waistcoat. It's finally nice to have a piece of clothing that doesn't look to baggy or sagging on me. For once I don't look like a teenager wearing his dad's clothes.

Also like Shangas, I always wear a pocket watch with my waistcoat. In fact, I started with a pocket watch and decided that my belt is not good enough for it. Once I made the transition to suspenders/brace only for my trousers (way more comfortable), I decided that I needed waistcoats for my watch.

Big Fella

Familiar Face
I compete in Cowboy Action Shooting Events, known there as Hired Gun. As such, I dress as I think a professional hired gun would dress. Pretty fancy, not as a rough, range cowboy. I must have at least 25 vests. Just by changing vests I can alter my appearance. Most of my vests have been made by Barb Snyder (aka Black Hills Barb.) She calls her shop "A Stitch in Time" If you can not find a vest you like, contact her and see if she can help you. basnyder1@comcast.net. Phone: 570-538-9163.. I think at this time she is headed out to Winter Range in Arizona to shoot in the National Championship. By the way, I always wear a pocket watch with my outfit. Sorry guys, I don't have the equipment to post pictures.. Happy Trails!!

Fifty150

One Too Many
Ah, the days of the three piece suit are gone. You don't see those on the rack anymore. The only figures in today's media to wear them are Penn & Teller.
Penn-and-Teller-Show-Las-Vegas-poster.jpg

Derek WC

Banned
Show us your waistcoats!

I have decided that we do not have one single thread devoted to the showing off of ones waistcoats. I sadly cannot contribute, as the ones I have are surely modern - I have always wondered what older waistcoats looked like, particularly early - mid 30's.

Shangas

I'll Lock Up
Always a glutton for a good waistcoat, I purchased this today for $7 from the local op-shop...

pinstripedgrey.jpg

Pinstriped dark-grey with light-grey silk lining & backing. Two pockets, five buttons. One ripped seam at the back, which I stitched back together and one small stain (coffee?) on the inner-lining. For all intents and purposes though, it's perfect. And nobody would see the stain anyway since it's inside.

ratpack66

New in Town
Vests

I was wondering who likes to wear vests here?I do.Also with lapels or without?Personally I like both.I would post a picture of myself with a vest on,but not allowed yet

scottyrocks

I'll Lock Up
I have been wearing vests off and on for years.

When I was in my early twenties, during the early 80s, there was a fashion trend to wear a suit vest, open, with a dress shirt and jeans. So I went around looking for said vests, and found some at the local thrift stores. I also got a couple from my uncle, who had some old suits that didn't fit him anymore.

These days, I don't wear a sport jacket or suit without a vest, either matching or contrasting. A look I like now is a sport jacket, slacks, dress shirt buttoned all the way up with no tie, and contrasting vest, including watch and chain. The absence of a tie lets me wear this type of clothing to more places in the world I occupy of untucked dress shirts over jeans and sneakers, which is okay, but just not for me.

I like my vests to have 4 pockets and/or lapels. If a vest has only one or the other I figure it's better than neither.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
R_P_Meldner