Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Soda Pop.

Mojave Jack

One Too Many
Matt Deckard said:
well, you know what I say when I get told a restaurant only has Pepsi right root?
I don't! What do you say?

When I was a kid when visited Maine, and the people we stayed with all called sodapop "tonic." I don't know if that was just them or if it was a Maine thing. Perhaps Lizzie will weigh in on that.

On your Bubble Up, Root, I had never heard of it until I got here. Apparently it was very popular with the miners or the Marines because I find Bubble Up bottles all over the desert. The printing on those bottles survives surprisingly well. They're usually fairly easy to date, too, since they are almost all Owens-Illinois.

happyfilmluvguy

Call Me a Cab
My uncle was a Coca Cola collector. There's a whole case of it in my grandma's indoor porch. Can't say it's from anywhere past the 60's, though. He was born much later. He has this neat dancing can with sunglasses too! When you play music, it dancing depending on the pace of the beat. It's sound sensitive. It doesn't work anymore that I know of, but I loved watching it. That can "can" dance!

Mr. Lucky

One Too Many
My fav -
62629.jpg

Dinerman

Super Moderator
Bartender
aah. moxie. We get it when we're up in maine. It tastes like bad cough syrup in my opinion. It must be an acquired taste.

Tony in Tarzana

My Mail is Forwarded Here
Just tried Moxie for the first time, I found it at "BevMo" (AKA Beverages and More) in southern California. I tried the original elixir, the cherry cola and the Blue Cream. I love it!

I also picked up some Boylan cane cola, which had a slightly odd but enjoyable taste, and some Cheerwine which I haven't tried yet.

Mike K.

One Too Many
I'm a self-proclaimed Coke addict...it's gotta be Coca-Cola. I managed to locate an entire wooden case of those little 6 1/2 oz. bottles filled/never opened! I also got a six pack to drink. They were the last ones the local plant was manufacturing, and they used mountain spring water for "brewing." Wow, what a smooth taste!

I am a bit late to this thread. Anyone drink tonic water with quinine? I'm addicted to this stuff too.

BegintheBeguine

My Mail is Forwarded Here
Tab, Fresca

Rarely drink pop, the fizzies are actually painful. Liked White Rock as a child from the Kentucky Fried Chicken around the corner, don't remember which flavor. Once in a while I pick up a Tropi-Coco coconut pop at Wegman's. Spanish pops don't seem to be as fizzy. Drank a coffee pop brought back from Colombia by my best friend in the late 70.s I loved it and of course can't find it now anywhere, and I actually hated coffee back then. It is even painful for me to drink a gin and tonic so I prefer a martini.
Hubby drinks pop constantly. He also has rotten teeth. My dad liked Sierra Mist, I'd buy him the Free variety because he had diabetes. At the Jack in the Box hubby and I went to in Klileen Texas I always get water from the fountain dispenser, there is a little tab marked WATER usually part of the Hi-C nozzle, but there was also a little tab marked SODA. It was soda water, of course.

olive bleu

One Too Many
Mike K. said:
I'm a self-proclaimed Coke addict...it's gotta be Coca-Cola. I managed to locate an entire wooden case of those little 6 1/2 oz. bottles filled/never opened! I also got a six pack to drink. They were the last ones the local plant was manufacturing, and they used mountain spring water for "brewing." Wow, what a smooth taste!

I am a bit late to this thread. Anyone drink tonic water with quinine? I'm addicted to this stuff too.

of course..it helps keep the Malaria in check;)

olive bleu

One Too Many
hurray!

Thanks for the tip! I have not seen it in Canada for years. My husband , who grew up in Connecticut,has gone on about it for years, and wouldn't this make a swell Christmas gift?:)

Christopher

New in Town
I like Stewart's brand. The key lime is like, well, drinking a key lime pie. I am torn though between A&W and IBC root beer though.

I also like Egg cream soda but the local stores stop carrying them and its only available online.

When I was living in New Hampshire, there was a store that sold A&W birch beer...clear liquid and had that slight root beer taste but more subtle.

In Virginia, its called Soda. I haven't heard 'Pop' in a long long time.

Dr. Pepper has some new flavors like berry & cream. They are a bit...odd.

Go west and you get Mr. Pibb which a friend swears is much better than Dr. Pepper.

And Pepsi to me tastes like dirt.

Think that covers everything and I am caught up in my lateness to this thread.

Oh and thanks for all the great recommendations on soda...going to max out the credit card now.

olive bleu

One Too Many
Stewarts is wonderful stuff

When i was growing up here, in the late '60's, we used to get Snow White Cream Soda.The last time i saw it was about 15 years ago in Montreal, was this available in the U.S.?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
aronhoustongy