Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Spring is almost here...

Jessica

One of the Regulars
I just thought I would ask, what is your favorite springtime activity in your town? Mine is going for long drives with my family looking at the wild flowers, and stopping at antique stores along the way.

mysterygal

Call Me a Cab
gardening....even pulling weeds can be relaxing.....we just bought 6acres so right now I'm looking in all the gardening books planning on how I'm gonna landscape.....what I also love about the spring is the sun, yahooo!!!!! (being in the northwest, you get pretty darn excited about it:cool: )

J.B.

Practically Family
My favorite springtime activity is wearin' a cap from Hanna Hats, Donegal while gazing out across the magnificent description-defying panorama of the lush San Gabriel Mountain range from a seat at the clubhouse turn at beautiful Santa Anita Race Track!

....Oh, yeah! That feeling that you get when you just know the $2 ticket in your pocket is gonna be a winnah! Ooooo-wee! :cool2:

The flag is up! :p

Big Man

My Mail is Forwarded Here
Family picnics ...

DSC01607.jpg

I enjoy Spring coming back around so I can take the family on picnics again, as well as cooking out in the yard. We try to get all the children and grandchildren together at least once a month for a family cook-out or picnic in the mountains. I think I enjoy that most of all.

By the way, the photo is of my great grandparents, their children, grand children, and great grandchildren at their 1928 family reunion. This was the only time that the entire family was together at the same time.

LolitaHaze

Call Me a Cab
I wouldn't exactly say this is a favourite pasttime, but I do enjoy being able to wear my sundresses without feeling out of season. :) It is warm enough in the wintertime to wear the dresses, but something about pastle pink doesn't come off so well at Christmas time... :)

farnham54

A-List Customer
I'm with Lolita on this one--not with the summer dresses of course, I mean with the shorts and t-shirts etc. Generally wearing them out of season makes folks think you are crazy around here.

However, spring on the way also means FLU SEASON, and ailment I've been unable to avoid this go round. Plenty of sleep and fluids, and I'll be back in the game.

Cheers
Craig

When Spring has Sprung.

Spring time and outdoors.
Planning that first real BBQ of the season.
The hunt for great flowers to see, maybe Descanso Gardens.
Drinking a cool Bock Beer in a Nice Beer Garden!
Getting to see the whales migrate North along the Coast!
Getting the garden in shape already, prep work has started.

Also if the Butterfly migration comes this way again that was a real WOW!

vitanola

I'll Lock Up
When do you know Spring is coming?
]

When the Birdies in the trees Start to sing sweet melodies, then you know that Spring is Here!

When you see the BVD's waving gently in the breeze, then you know that Spring is Here!

When you see the nurses pushing baby buggies in the park, and with the Coppers
they hold hands and spoon until its dark.

When the mustard bites the Hot Dogs and they all begin to bark, then you know that Spring is Here!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zvYJoIl2dNI&feature=youtube_gdata_player

Stray Cat

My Mail is Forwarded Here

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DapperBran