Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Spring is almost here...

Stray Cat

My Mail is Forwarded Here
Yeah Patience. Christmas is coming too. :p
Pft.. Christmas - who cares about that thing: shoveling snow that's up to my knees, while some loony yapping about "having a hot fragrant caramel for your Christmas.." :puke:

..Easter on the other hand..

Uskrsnja-jaja.jpg

Stray Cat

My Mail is Forwarded Here
Chopped Liver?
Now, now...
Let me see: a little bit of parsnip leaves, and egg, some flour.. mix that well, add salt and pepper. Make little walnut-sized balls and cook for some 15 to 20 minutes in boiling water.
(So, yes: chopped liver will do) :p
James, are you going to try this recipe out? :D

Now we are talking! Finally!
Can't figure out what cake to make.. and the time is running out.

Now, now...
Let me see: a little bit of parsnip leaves, and egg, some flour.. mix that well, add salt and pepper. Make little walnut-sized balls and cook for some 15 to 20 minutes in boiling water.
(So, yes: chopped liver will do) :p
James, are you going to try this recipe out? :D

Can't figure out what cake to make.. and the time is running out.

Only if I can deep fry the balls in Bacon grease. :p

Banana Cream Pie. :p

LizzieMaine

Bartender
It's now 15 degrees here. It's not arctic bone-chilling cold. It's not your-glasses-fog-up-when-you-come-in-the-house cold. It's not your fingertips stick to the aluminum storm door when you go out to get the mail cold. It's just stupid cold -- not cold enough to be ridiculous but too cold for the beginning of March. Bone-dumb *stupid*cold.

Gregg Axley

I'll Lock Up
Last night it was 14 here.
We aren't used to that in the South.
In fact, some parts of my county are still covered in ice, and the storm passed through Monday.
I had bulbs starting to bloom, but thankfully my rose bushes are still dormant.

sheeplady

I'll Lock Up
Bartender
I don't know if it's coming or not.

I live in the northern part of the U.S. because I love the four seasons. Winter seems a tad... long... this year. I'm not at the point where I'm actively sick of it, but I'm sure we're going to go from weather in the single digits to weather in the 80s, missing spring entirely. I like the idea of spring, and I'll feel cheated if we don't really get one or it only lasts two weeks.

sheeplady

I'll Lock Up
Bartender
Definitely never move to Maine.

We used to have beautiful springs here- weeks of temperatures in the 40s and 50s. Beautiful beautiful springs. Now one day you need your wool coat and the next day you want to roll in the snow because you haven't gotten your shorts out yet. I grew up in the Adirondacks and it wasn't uncommon to get snow during the summer (July) and it wasn't uncommon to have a cold winter. But we got beautiful springs and falls.

Maybe I'm just getting grumpy. But I want at least a month of spring!

It's now 15 degrees here. It's not arctic bone-chilling cold. It's not your-glasses-fog-up-when-you-come-in-the-house cold. It's not your fingertips stick to the aluminum storm door when you go out to get the mail cold. It's just stupid cold -- not cold enough to be ridiculous but too cold for the beginning of March. Bone-dumb *stupid*cold.

15 degrees!? Sounds like Evil Cold to me.

I don't know if it's coming or not.

I live in the northern part of the U.S. because I love the four seasons. Winter seems a tad... long... this year. I'm not at the point where I'm actively sick of it, but I'm sure we're going to go from weather in the single digits to weather in the 80s, missing spring entirely. I like the idea of spring, and I'll feel cheated if we don't really get one or it only lasts two weeks.

Well, you said you weren’t sick of winter yet. :p lol

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
aronhoustongy