Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Spring is almost here...

DNO

One Too Many
They are saying 10-14 inches here... I think it may swing south and not hit us at all. Or one can hope.

Either way, likely the last snow of the season!

Same here, but then I'm not much farther north from you. Unfortunately I wouldn't bet that this will be the last snow of the season!

Gregg Axley

I'll Lock Up
That stinkaroos Lizzie!
It's 70 right now, with a low of 40.
Then spring temps will go away again and bring 50's for highs and 30's for lows. :mad:
It's these kinds of fluctuations that cause us Southerners to get sick.

Stearmen

I'll Lock Up
I experienced all four seasons in one morning! It was almost 50 degrees, sun shinning, then it rained, then sleet, then the wind picked up to over 40mph, then snow. The funny thing, as I was driving, it was near white out conditions down on the road, yet the sun was shinning! Now, it is clear, no snow on the ground, it melted, but it is 27 degrees out side.

I experienced all four seasons in one morning! It was almost 50 degrees, sun shinning, then it rained, then sleet, then the wind picked up to over 40mph, then snow. The funny thing, as I was driving, it was near white out conditions down on the road, yet the sun was shinning! Now, it is clear, no snow on the ground, it melted, but it is 27 degrees out side.

:faint:

Stray Cat

My Mail is Forwarded Here
Damned Global Cooling! :p

1798573_10152246166229876_908477405_n.jpg

:p

sheeplady

I'll Lock Up
Bartender
Same here, but then I'm not much farther north from you. Unfortunately I wouldn't bet that this will be the last snow of the season!

They upped our expected totals to 14-18 inches (from 12-14). We've gotten 6 inches in the past 6 or 7 hours- it is coming down now like salt from a shaker.

Are they expecting that much in Toronto? I know Buffalo is getting hit pretty bad, so I imagine Toronto is too.

DNO

One Too Many
They upped our expected totals to 14-18 inches (from 12-14). We've gotten 6 inches in the past 6 or 7 hours- it is coming down now like salt from a shaker.

Are they expecting that much in Toronto? I know Buffalo is getting hit pretty bad, so I imagine Toronto is too.

Buffalo always gets hit worse than us. I think they broke their record for snowfall in a single day today. We got a lot but not as much as they did. We have at least 15cm...looks like more. Sure seemed like more when I was shovelling! Despite the snow the roads have already been plowed and are passable. They're a bit slippery but drivable. Meanwhile they expect it to be -20C tomorrow morning. Yesterday it was +10C. Ridiculous.

sheeplady

I'll Lock Up
Bartender
Buffalo always gets hit worse than us. I think they broke their record for snowfall in a single day today. We got a lot but not as much as they did. We have at least 15cm...looks like more. Sure seemed like more when I was shovelling! Despite the snow the roads have already been plowed and are passable. They're a bit slippery but drivable. Meanwhile they expect it to be -20C tomorrow morning. Yesterday it was +10C. Ridiculous.

We're up to a little over a foot- maybe about 14 inches? We're under a "no unnecessary driving" ban until 8am. They say it will be done by mid-afternoon tomorrow- I guess it is still coming off the lake near us and will be for awhile. It's heavy- we've got several neighbors with downed trees. No lost power though. Our YMCA closed for the first time this year due to snow. The plows are going by every few hours and they staged the let out of the local hospitals and other major employers to avoid a rush hour disaster.

The news had a poor bus sliding backwards down a hill this evening. I used to be a frequent bus rider and those bus drivers can get through anything, so it is bad out there.

LizzieMaine

Bartender
We're getting absolutely torrential rain at the moment -- which at least is melting off a lot of the old grimy snow. At least the mess we'll have to shovel tomorrow won't have had time to root itself to the ground.

Stray Cat

My Mail is Forwarded Here
Pull that Dandelion weed!
It's done. :thumb:
(actually, all the weeds have been pulled out, the ground is almost all lifted and the grass seeds are ready to go in this weekend) :D

We're getting absolutely torrential rain at the moment -- which at least is melting off a lot of the old grimy snow.
That's good.... right? :D

it's supposed to be a nice sunny weekend in Ca in the low to mid 80's nice warm sunny weather
Oho! 26C is a summery temperature.
Your're bragging. :p

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
aronhoustongy